General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD T-Shirts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts

The MOCO figures that if we'll pay at least 15K for a motorscoot that only costs them 8K to build and the Stealer can then tack on an additional 100% for profit; Why not charge $40 for a lousy piece of cotton. But it's not really the MOCO. It's the dealers. 99% of the people coming in the door don't buy a scoot. But they will splurge an a shirt or hat. So they gaff 'em when they can.
Go price a hat. You'll be happy to buy a T.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

the adult sizes in my neck of the woods are the same price! so they should be too!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped buying Dealer shirts years ago. I like cut-off denim shirts because I'm always stuffing **** in my top pockets. And I buy those at Bikeweek vendors off the discounted Old Rally shirt rack. Besides, I have relatives who insist on buying me dealer shirts everywhere they go on vacation.

The best deal I saw was at Gettysburg Bikeweek a few years ago. The last day of the rally the clothing vendor there blew out all his inventory of shirts within about 1/2 hour. He put up a big sign "5 shirts for $10" Yep, 2 Bucks a piece any shirt, t-shirts, long sleeve t's and denim cut-offs. You should have seen the people knocking each other over to get shirts. I managed to grab 10 shirts, a few of each. 2 bucks a shirt is my kind of pricing!!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by F_CPT98
I was thinking along the same lines this morning. We stopped by a Dealership when we were out of town the other day (don't want to say where it was) but anyway I usually go straight for the clearance rack and see if there is anything I like. $20 for a T-Shirt I can handle but $35-$40 no way!! So I start looking at other button-up shirts and HD fashion, looked at the price tags and almost puked!! I thought who in the hell wears this crap?? Who can afford to pay $85-$90 bucks for a damn shirt?? And the Womans section is worse! Thanks God my OL is somewhat frugal cuz that sh@# is marked with some stupid prices!! I guess someone must pay those prices and ware this stuff? but it is no one I know!!
Yep. I can get a Made in China shirt at Wal mart for $5-15, but it costs $75 at the HD dealer with some embroidery on it. I won't even buy "motorclothes" at half price. I don't see many others buying it either.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
The MOCO figures that if we'll pay at least 15K for a motorscoot that only costs them 8K to build and the Stealer can then tack on an additional 100% for profit; Why not charge $40 for a lousy piece of cotton. But it's not really the MOCO. It's the dealers. 99% of the people coming in the door don't buy a scoot. But they will splurge an a shirt or hat. So they gaff 'em when they can.
Go price a hat. You'll be happy to buy a T.
Then the dealers need an economics lesson, because raising prices decreases profits for items like that. There is an economic theory that pricing an item higher than necessary can give the appearance of a luxury item and will actually increase sales - I don't think they were talking about items with "Made in China" labels when they came up with that one.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

And if it's not bad enough that they charge a fortune for these tee shirts, some places don't even have 100% cotton tee shirts for the $40!! Bad enough to charge that much, but then f*** the customer even more by not even making it a quality tee shirt. yikes!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 AM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Ya they are high, but the places are always packed with people buying. They could lower them a few dollars

Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I bought one a couple weeks ago. 1st time in I don't know how many years.

I was in Nawlins and for some reason had to have one from the "Voodoo" Harley store in the French Quarter (I had had a couple of drinks). It was $29.00 and I think it is the last one I will buy for several more years. But as we all know.....Never say never.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Wingnut51
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only shirts I'll buy anymore are from locations that have historical or personal significance for me. The cost is too high to be getting a shirt from every little podunk town that happens to have a Harley dealer. I got one last month from the Bahamas cuz it was a great vacation and I'll probably get one from Milwaukee this summer cuz it's the home of H-D.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:35 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll stop in at dealers and look over their selection. If I like one, I'll buy it. If I don't, I leave.

Quick Reply: HD T-Shirts!