General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD T-Shirts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Go on a diet 'til you fit in an XL……...

Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 PM
fladawg01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shirts

If it ain't on clearance, I ain't buying. It's a friggin Hanes T-shirt or some other brand that they put an iron on transfer, sorry but that don't make it a 25$-30$ shirt! As far as the collar shirts like button downs and polos, same thing, if it isn't on clearance they can keep it.

I have no issues paying for a decent dress shirt, button down or polo, but not at $45, $65 & up. I've seen a few for $90 +. I guess these are for the money burners, but if you got and don't care, que sara sara.

Just remember riding an HD ain't a fasion show it's the freedom to ride the machine you want to ride. You don't have to be a billboard for them.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Haywired
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I passed through and stopped at the Dalton, GA dealer last month and found some decent deals on the sales rack. I agree with the masses here that the prices are whacked on the regular priced shirts although I have folded and bought on a couple occasions.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yuma, AZ HD. Same thing. Around $40 for a t-shirt with their name on it so the buyer can advertise for them and pay for the privilege of doing so.

Screw that. I'll buy run shirts and shirts off ebay but no way am I paying those kind of prices even if they are well made shirts.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
Go on a diet 'til you fit in an XL……...
Yeah I could stand to loose a few pounds like most of us but even if I lost 50 pounds I have large wide shoulders thats why I have to buy the XXL shirts. At times I have folded and spent to much on these shirts but I guess I am just starting to get over it.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Man, I hear you on the prices. I travel pretty extensively for work, and I'm not into the goofy touristy souvenirs. So I like to get t-shirts from the different places I go. So I usually stop in the dealerships for a t-shirt. It chaps my *** how much they charge, so I look around and try to get the ones in the $20-$25 range. I'm pretty frugal on my daily perdiem allowance, so it balances out a little.

But it's been my experience that the HD t-shirts are usually pretty good quality. I'm glad my wife doesn't want any HD shirts, because the ladies stuff is WAY CRAZY expensive! I've had pretty good luck finding button-up shirts for wearing to work, on the clearance racks. I know I'd NEVER pay $60-$70 for a darn collared shirt.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
Yuma, AZ HD. Same thing. Around $40 for a t-shirt with their name on it so the buyer can advertise for them and pay for the privilege of doing so.

Screw that. I'll buy run shirts and shirts off ebay but no way am I paying those kind of prices even if they are well made shirts.
I was thinking the same thing today, their shirts are so expensive, not only are they getting free advertisement, we are paying them to be walking billboards. I also have bought a few shirts off of Ebay.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Be glad you're not over here. I wanted a H-D Korea shirt, they are $80+ for t-shirts. Everything is almost 100% mark-up at the dealer here, compaired to prices in the States. Luckily they do have a clearance rack, so we can get discontinued items for what they would normally cost back home. $40 clearance t-shirt is still too much.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Cheater
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a couple of special HD Tee's, Sturgis and such. Last month we were in Utah and stopped at a unique HD dealership (no names) and bought one. The price was average for Harley but the quality was incredibly poor. It'll be my last.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I stopped buying HD tee shirts after buying some in Alaska a couple of years ago. Now, I just buy Hanes or Jockey black tee shirts in a 3 pack for about $20 bucks. Enough of the high prices to advertise the dealerships.

Quick Reply: HD T-Shirts!