General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy - LEO ahead

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu

even the wave, today i was passing a group when i was by myself the first dude waves so i put my hand down, the other two wave the last guy sits on his spanking new dyna with signature harly scowl and nothing, too much of a hardass to wave, so i turn the wave into a bird, that got his attention...

i always try to warn people of cops coming and either wave or at the very least reciprocate a wave. what kind of a**hole doesn't wave back when someone waves at them?
How is it my job to respond to you 'waving' at me as we pass?
If I don't it's my business, maybe i'm actually paying attention to the road instead of all the posers passin' by looking for attention....................

Last edited by silvrbill; 05-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad told me about the tapping the helmet thing, and I do it all the time. Doesnt really matter to me if they know what it means or not, just as long as I do it. The ones who dont know will likely ask questions to others and eventually learn what it means. As long as I can help another out, I will. I just dont do it to cages, it just confuses the hell out of most of them.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:53 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GMbagger
I tap my helmet to warn about cops, but I found that most motorcyclists don't know what it means.
I didn't!!

This year, I have finally been riding motorcycles longer (25 years) than I hadn't been, and I never knew that.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silvrbill
How is it my job to respond to you 'waving' at me as i go by?
If I don't it's my business, maybe i'm actually paying attention to the road instad of all the posers passin' by looking for attention....................
i don't initiate a wave it wouldn't ever be a problem. i don't particularly like the wave, but since i'm not an a**hole when someone waves at me i'll be friendly and wave back.

to see another person wave at you and purposely not wave back makes you basically an a**hole, that's basic societal standards, i didn't make the rules.

Last edited by babalu; 05-16-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by fstlane4me
I used to warn everyone about leo's hiding out.I don't anymore because I'm sick of being tailgated and nearly run off the road by speeders and wreckless drivers.I figure if you can't drive the speed limit then you deserve a ticket.
I'm SURE you never speed. GEEZE!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:02 PM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I've ridden since '76 and never knew about the tapping thing. Drove truck since '77 and always have used the lights or the downward wave of the hand to communicate with those unlikely to be using a CB.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:05 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Going through far Eastern Alabama on I-20, if ya tapped the top of your head/helmet everytime ya saw a cop, you would knock your dammet head off!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
silvrbill
Road Warrior

i don't initiate a wave it wouldn't ever be a problem. i don't particularly like the wave, but since i'm not an a**hole when someone waves at me i'll be friendly and wave back.

to see another person wave at you and purposely not wave back makes you basically an a**hole, that's basic societal standards, i didn't make the rules.
The last guy didn't initiate the "wave" yet you give him the finger for not responding to you.........................

Who's the a..h...e now?

I have more important things on my mind than waving at weekend warriors and POSERS!

Last edited by silvrbill; 05-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silvrbill
The last guy didn't initiate the "wave" yet you give him the finger for not responding to you.........................

Who's the a..h...e now?

I have better things to do than waving at POSERS!
jesus seriously? there should an IQ requirement before posting in here... go re-read everything then figure out what's wrong with your statement.

POSER LOL i just got done tearing down my front cylinder and fixing a pushrod tube leak in about three hours then riding 500 miles this weekend. what did you do cupcake?

go back to being a fake hardass, and scowling and not acknowledging other people when they wave at you...

Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
silvrbill
Road Warrior

jesus seriously? there should an IQ requirement before posting in here... go re-read everything then figure out what's wrong with your statement.

POSER LOL i just got done tearing down my front cylinder and fixing a pushrod tube leak in about three hours then riding 500 miles this weekend. what did you do cupcake?

go back to being a fake hardass, and scowling and not acknowledging other people when they wave at you...
Look at my profile, you'll know what I do.........
My IQ is 138, what's your's?

Quick Reply: Courtesy - LEO ahead