Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for pics of Langlitz jackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Langlitz Pics

Here are a couple of more pictures with the jacket zipped normal and fully zipped. The jacket rides fine when it's zipped all the way. You can get it nearly completely zipped without unsnapping the collar. The couple of times I have unsnapped the collar, I haven't noticed getting slapped by the tips, but I was wearing a full-face so it's possible that they did. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for pics of Langlitz jackets-langlitz-front.jpg   Looking for pics of Langlitz jackets-langlitz-front-zipped.jpg  
Old 05-23-2010, 01:21 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Royce!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Auckland
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 AM
dataman2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
I wasn't aware there was an off-the-rack line of Langlitz, other than going to their shop in Portland and seeing what's on the used rack.

Schott is good stuff, too. I used to have a steerhide jacket in the "cafe" style. Great leather and workmanship.
Langlitz does have both a new and used rack. My wife found a perfect fitting vest (goat)had to order her jacket (cow) custom made (she wanted some color). Also had a riding buddy buy a pair of pants off the new rack. If you are in the area and are not hard to fit it is a way to save some $ as the rack items are a little cheaper than the custome made.

I am a hard to fit so have had to have both vests and the columbia jacket made to fit.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For many years I was going through the same thing as you. Got a bunch of cheap jackets that seemed to fit OK when I tried them on but have a problem when riding. Too long in the body and push up when sitting on the bike, sleeves too short, too tight across the shoulders, stiff collars that rub my chin, stupid gimmicky features etc, etc. I just quit wearing a jacket.

I eventually got a catologue from Langlitz a couple of years ago and really liked their Columbia but hesitated because of the cost and I didn't want to measure myself.

Well two weeks ago I had to go to Grants Pass, OR. and I decided to drive the 200 additional miles into Portland to have a jacket made and man am I glad I did.

As soon as I walked in the door Scott looked at me and immediately knew what general size I was and then he had me put the jacket on. It fit really well but it needed some tweaking. They have a simulated motorcycle seat behind the counter and you sit on it as you would on your bike with arms extended. The body was too long and the sleeves too short. Scott said the sleeves of a new jacket will shorten one and a half inches from new due to wrinkles after it is broke in.

So they are going to make the sleeves one inch longer and shorten the body length one inch. They have a long list of options but I just added leather lined pockets and a gun pocket as I don't care for Sam Browne belts, epaulets, etc. Also I hate the extended back panels so I had them make the back straight across.

Scott showed me goatskin and medium cowhide jackets and although I liked both of them, the goatskin was sweet and is what I ordered (goat is $50 bucks more). It felt as heavy as the medium cowhide to me, just softer and more pliable. Scott said they sell about 50% of their jackets in goatskin. They will make your jacket any way you want it.

Your jacket will have a label with your name and the serial number of the jacket. They will base all future sales/repairs for you on that serial number. It cost me $1000 including shipping (no sales tax in OR). Scott said it would take less then a month to make so I am expecting it sometime next week and I am really excited about finally having a comfortable riding jacket. If it works as well as I expect, I will probably order one in cowhide in the near future.

Hope this information helps. Yes, they are expensive but the quality is exceptional and I figure you get what you pay for. Rick

Last edited by O6FXST; 06-21-2010 at 01:28 AM.