General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Wear the Flag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 AM
rideonultra
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wear an eagle and Flag every day on my arm/shoulder, Flag flown on my bike, on my vest, jacket(s) and home......proud of it.....yes and even more proud of those that have served in honor of it all.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:28 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i work on an army post. sometimes i am there when the flag goes up in the morning, or coming down at night. you would not believe the number of active duty folks you see running to their vehicles, or into the building just to not salute the flag. i have been retired for over 3 years now, and i will still stop and salute it, and have no intention to quit either.[/quote]

I am stunned by this statement. I am not military but geez, isn't that part of the job description???? just sayin......

Old 05-14-2010, 06:38 AM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by painey
Being british I don't display your flag, however that is the thing I admire about the majority of US citizens, you are patriotic, something I don't see displayed very much back in the UK. There is too much PC back home about offending the immigrants by flying our flag, my take is, if you don't like it F*** Off home!

I will be adding a patch to my Jacket that says 'Proud British Biker', just to let you know I'm a brit visiting your shores, I'm sure that you guys won't be offended
Welcome! Not to hijack the thread, but I got to spend an extended period of time in your country thanks to the volcano. No so bad, however, since I really enjoy hanging out there. I noticed the same thing, so much PC, afraid to "offend" anyone. It was sad to see. I'm with you. When I go to the UK I expect UK culture, and if I don't like it I can keep my a$$ at home.

Bill

Old 05-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wear it almost every single day on my right arm.

I have it on my helmets too in one form or another.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nevar
With some, but not much respect
Why the *** are you making the his post and Confederate Flag a race issue. He never brought up any race what so ever and THE CSA was not about race.
Or are you a troll just looking to stir up **** for you own joy

No sir not a troll at all. His post was fine up until the line about posting the Confederate flag only when the house next door is for rent. You tell me what that means. I have no problem with the confederate flag or the CSA at all but what other conclusion can you come to by his post?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 AM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eisterd
I guess you've never had up to 10 illegal males with 4 or 5 cargo vans, corona bottles all over the yard, loud spanish music at 2am, knee high grass and two very annoying chouuwha's running around loose chaseing your kids. Good for you! I now have a retired military couple living next door who take care of the place, who weren't "offended" by that confederate flag. BTW I'm a Yankee
Listen, I apologize if I have offended you in any way. It's just that I have met plenty of people who equate being Patriotic with being racist. I realize that is probably not you, but at the time I felt like I should say something.... and No I wouldn't like any illegals living next door to me. But just to be fair I live in an all white subdivision and the family living next door to me hasn't picked up a toy or cleaned their yard in the two years that they have lived there so flying a CSF wouldn't have prevented a slacker from moving in next to me...a slacker is a slacker no matter what their race is.

Again I am sorry if I offended you in any way... Peace Brother.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 AM
wwNightster
Tourer

Originally Posted by BadMoJoe
I don't wear one only because I dont wear patches or put decals on my helmet or ride. I also don't think that half the people I see flying the flag really give two ***** about what it means. My patriotism is something I hold close to my heart and I don't need stick everything I own with it.
I spent 10 years in the Army and did a tour in the desert, I served side by side with Americans of all races and religons. I would say anyone of my brother soldiers were more patriotic and loved their country more than a moron who would fly a Confederate flag only to keep people of a different race from living near him.
Agreed.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Cabocarl
Tourer

American flag on all your stuff? Why?
Just joking to get the blood flowing. Navy vet. One in the front yard 30 feet up with an occasional Navy Seal flag in honor of my buddy who is on his 29th year in the Navy and a Senior Master Chief Seal. Flags at my government work office hanging on the door and here and there. Waiting for someone to say something.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jacket, car, truck, bike and tattoo.

It would not be pretty for someone to criticize me for wearing the flag

Old 05-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Avmech97
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smcdmc
Agreed. If I went to Mexico (or any other country for that matter) I would not flaunt the US flag nor would I be offended to see that countries flag displayed everywhere I went. But when they come to MY country they better not have a problem with me displaying MY flag anywhere I please! This is America. The flag you see flying the most, and flown the proudest, should be the American flag. It does not matter how you feel about the current administration. I fly my flag for my country, not for who happens to be running it at the time.
Amen Brother! I fly the American flag on my bike,in my front yard,on my vest and work uniforms. And as far as I'm concerned anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my American A--!

Quick Reply: Do You Wear the Flag?