General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Wear the Flag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone ever been corrected for not flying the flag properly on their bike? I haven't, but i have corrected many people about it. I see flags all the time on peoples' vests that they have something above it (a pin or other patch) or they have it on the RIGHT side of their vest/jacket. I also see flags flown on the right rear of their bikes alone or with a PGR/State/confederate/military flag. The flag is always presented on the left (looking at the two flags) or to the right of its self (just depends on how you want to think of it). Basically, the flag needs to be on the LEFT rear of the luggage rack/tour pack or so on. I know it seems small, but its a big deal.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
toad6301
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YES SIR, On bike, on vest, on jacket, on house,
on pickup, and on my MGB also!!! USNavy vet

Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default here's mine

wear it all the time

Old 05-13-2010, 06:05 PM
MikeySom
Road Captain
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 394 Likes on 155 Posts

USMC . POW-MIA , Vietnam Service Patch on Vest.
USMC Globe and anchor derby cover on bike

Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

I have an American flag decal on my helmet, followed by a VET decal. When I was working, we were all given American flag decals to put on our hardhats. The company usuually did not want any decals on the hardhat but after 9-11, the flag was encouraged to be displayed. Decals were also placed on all of our work vehicles at the same time.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Rangerdan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a flag on my lic plate, so it goes were I go.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadMoJoe
I don't wear one only because I dont wear patches or put decals on my helmet or ride. I also don't think that half the people I see flying the flag really give two ***** about what it means. My patriotism is something I hold close to my heart and I don't need stick everything I own with it.
I spent 10 years in the Army and did a tour in the desert, I served side by side with Americans of all races and religons. I would say anyone of my brother soldiers were more patriotic and loved their country more than a moron who would fly a Confederate flag only to keep people of a different race from living near him.
With some, but not much respect
Why the *** are you making the his post and Confederate Flag a race issue. He never brought up any race what so ever and THE CSA was not about race.
Or are you a troll just looking to stir up **** for you own joy

Last edited by Nevar; 05-13-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member

From the day I bought my Home The Colors have been up somewhere on the bulding or on the flag pole that came a year or 2 latter. As was the Stars and Bars on a flag pole in the back yard. The colors only came down in real bad weather, always had a light on her when flying.
She came down only once on the day the muslim loving traitor was crowned king.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Because when you discuss flags, you have discuss all of them.it is sort of funny that the OP wanted to not have political thread, when the flag is representation of a political system. I know people fly the CSF to represent their pride in being from the south, unrelated to the reasons for the civil war. However, there is no way to separate the two. Oddly, the same reason he is flying a CSF, is the same reason the kids were sent home. They were protesting the Mexican kids flying a Mexican flag, which they were merely taking pride in being Mexican. The kids were wearing the flag for political reasons, which made it wrong.

Originally Posted by Nevar
With some, but not much respect
Why the *** are you making the his post and Confederate Flag a race issue. He never brought up any race what so ever and THE CSA was not about race.
Or are you a troll just looking to stir up **** for you own joy

Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 PM
bklanecky
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually wondering about something related to this. I was thinking about getting a reverse field flag patch and ironing it on my left shoulder, in the same style and place as how the Army has it displayed on the ACUs. I am not in the military. I want to do it as a nod to our soldiers, but I wasn't sure if it would be considered to be kind of a "poser" thing or not. Any comments?

Quick Reply: Do You Wear the Flag?