General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Wear the Flag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:43 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

I have the flag on my fairing and speaker grills.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by BadMoJoe
I spent 10 years in the Army and did a tour in the desert, I served side by side with Americans of all races and religons. I would say anyone of my brother soldiers were more patriotic and loved their country more than a moron who would fly a Confederate flag only to keep people of a different race from living near him.
he never said that was why he flew the confederate flag on his back porch. it very well may be, but you are making a broad assumption. maybe he's just looking to find a new neighbor with the same interests as him......

i respect your reasons/right to wear or not wear a flag. my only question to you would be, do you have an hd sticker (or any other sticker for that matter) on your vehicle? if so, given your reasons, that would lead me to believe that you are prouder of that than of your country.

i work on an army post. sometimes i am there when the flag goes up in the morning, or coming down at night. you would not believe the number of active duty folks you see running to their vehicles, or into the building just to not salute the flag. i have been retired for over 3 years now, and i will still stop and salute it, and have no intention to quit either.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a flag on my bike and the license frame reads "Freedom Isn't Free".

Lisa

Old 05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
he never said that was why he flew the confederate flag on his back porch. it very well may be, but you are making a broad assumption. maybe he's just looking to find a new neighbor with the same interests as him......

Do you really believe that? We both know why he posts his Confederate flag only when the house is for rent...and I have no problems at all with the stars and bars .

i respect your reasons/right to wear or not wear a flag. my only question to you would be, do you have an hd sticker (or any other sticker for that matter) on your vehicle? if so, given your reasons, that would lead me to believe that you are prouder of that than of your country.

As I said in my post I dont put any patches or decals of any kind on my helmet, ride, or clothes.

i work on an army post. sometimes i am there when the flag goes up in the morning, or coming down at night. you would not believe the number of active duty folks you see running to their vehicles, or into the building just to not salute the flag. i have been retired for over 3 years now, and i will still stop and salute it, and have no intention to quit either.
I have seen that too and it is a shame.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:21 PM

I don't have any patches but a more permanent decal: full sleeve tattoo on my arm of a tribal American flag and also have the United States of Texas tattoo on my back.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I wear American flag suspenders everyday shirts vest coat hat doo rag. I am damn proud of the flag and I dare someone to try to take it off.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
FreddyJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, one on my jacket and one flys in front of my house.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Right side shoulder American flag patch on my HD jacket I wore in the desert while serving this great nation of ours a couple years back.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Helmet,House,Car,Truck,Dogs Tags,..... :-)

Old 05-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadMoJoe
I don't wear one only because I dont wear patches or put decals on my helmet or ride. I also don't think that half the people I see flying the flag really give two ***** about what it means. My patriotism is something I hold close to my heart and I don't need stick everything I own with it.
I spent 10 years in the Army and did a tour in the desert, I served side by side with Americans of all races and religons. I would say anyone of my brother soldiers were more patriotic and loved their country more than a moron who would fly a Confederate flag only to keep people of a different race from living near him.
When I read the post you're referring to I was going to say something along those lines that you did to but figured Id just ignore the ignorance. I wouldnt want to live next door to him my damn self.

Last edited by Glyder; 05-13-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Do You Wear the Flag?