General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Wear the Flag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 AM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote=skratch;6709541]he never said that was why he flew the confederate flag on his back porch. it very well may be, but you are making a broad assumption. maybe he's just looking to find a new neighbor with the same interests as him......

Yeah right - I bet the he will not elaborate!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 AM
plopper
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all day long

Attached Thumbnails Do You Wear the Flag?-28858_1356152217038_1028454020_30852501_62514_s.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:10 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

Got one on my lid and one for life.

I got to hit the gym some.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I fly an American Flag off my radio antenna on my bike. I'd wear a flag decal on my helmet, but I'd like it on both sides and most flag decals you find are not correct because they are right-side only. The field is in the wrong direction for the left-side.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QehQeh
Although I personally think it's BS, I can understand a PUBLIC school's politically correctness in prohibiting a t-shirt with a flag on it that is being worn SPECIFICALLY in protest. But I can't imagine ANY other situation where someone in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA would/could prohibit or even complain about displaying the US flag here.
Has anyone on this forum ever had anyone confront, question, or complain to him/her about displaying the US flag?
How is it in any way a protest to wear YOUR country's flag? It is disrespectful of those kids that wore the Mexican flag in the classrooms. If anyone was protesting it was those Mexicans. The kids wearing the American Flag were supporting their country! Shame on the teachers and administrators for stifling their right to wear the flag!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pom
Only reason I can think of that it hints at support for slavery...it's certainly possible that somebody wouldn't want this advertised. Just a thought.
I see you've been reading revisionist history. It would actually be more accurate to state that the current U.S. flag "hints at support of slavery" more than the Confederate flag, as there were more slave owners, and more slaves, in northern states than in the South. Massachussetts was the first state to establish slavery in North America, a full generation before slavery was introduced in the South...New England was the shippinig/trading hub for slavery...and, it was the northern slave trade hubs that resisted abolishing slavery the strongest. I guess the revisionists have it so deeply entrenched that it's not going away...but, it gets so damned tiring hearing/reading the South attributed as THE slave issue.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 PM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

I personally don't use the Flag as decoration, clothing or to protest, though I/ we certainly have the right to do so. I also don't consider a tee-shirt, decal or pin to be "the Flag" & wearing them to cause trouble could be seen as disrespecting the flag. As for the confederate flag, it has become a symbol of racial bigotry mainly due to it's use by groups such as the aryan nation, KKK, tea-baggers etc.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:36 PM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
I see you've been reading revisionist history. It would actually be more accurate to state that the current U.S. flag "hints at support of slavery" more than the Confederate flag, as there were more slave owners, and more slaves, in northern states than in the South. Massachussetts was the first state to establish slavery in North America, a full generation before slavery was introduced in the South...
"JAMESTOWN, VA -- They were known as the "20 and odd," the first African slaves to set foot in North America at the English colony settled in 1607.

Mass. was the first colony to refer to slaves as slaves, while in the south they were referred to as "servants" right up until the Civil War. & btw, those northern slaves were held under the British flag. Slavery had its origins with the first English colonization of North America in Virginia in 1607, although African slaves were brought to Spanish Florida as early as the 1560s. Good luck with YOUR attempt at revising history..

Old 05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Fyrefight
No disrespect intended, but DAAAAMNNN yer one lucky man.
Before you become too envious, take a look at this. Unless his OL is this model with the beautiful round ***, the only thing he's spanking is his monkey. lol

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

Quick Reply: Do You Wear the Flag?