General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Wear the Flag?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

It sure isn't guns. If any of you were stationed in Japan, you know the knife violence there is appalling. The only people with guns are the yakuza gangsters. Having said that, in the 20 years I lived in Tokyo, I found more personal freedom than in 21st Century California. This is not the country I grew up in. The law is on your *** for anything from smoking a butt to peeing in your backyard.

No fooling. Neighbor up the street almost had to register as a sex offender because he got locked out of the house, went behind his garage to take a leak and someone called the cops. He had to go through a bunch of stuff to get the charges dropped.

The sad part for me is that at 65, I grew up in a melting pot. We were Americans. We all spoke english, and most of the guys my father's age had seen action in WWII. Add the Depression, and they saw enough evil and violence to want no part of it -- just work BUILDING things like cars, teevee, refridgerators -- stuff -- and provide a peaceful safe life for their kids.

My Dad never talked aobut the war, didn't bring one thing back from four-and-a-half years of killing and watching others be killed. The Great Generation was just that -- great. To me, they are the inspiration for being true Americans.

Sign Off...

Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Fyrefight
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dammmmmmmmnnn...

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
The OL does

No disrespect intended, but DAAAAMNNN yer one lucky man.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
garydubf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fly the flag. I work on the road and it goes up on the front of my rv. As for stickers and patches, I say to each their own. All though it seems that most do not fully appreciate the significance of Old Glory and are what I call part time patriots. They fly the colors because it's the in/cool thing to do. After 9/11 everybody was flying the flag on their car. Shortly after that we were picking up flags off the road side and out of parking lots. As for American Flag clothing. I don't care for them. To me the flag is sacred and is supposed to be displayed with honor and destroyed the same. What do you do with your dew rag, shirt, sticker, ect. when they wear out?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Droop
No way! She deserves more respect than to have bug splat, ketchup stains and road grime pepperered across her banner. I don't want to have to lay it haphazardly on the bike when I'm not wearing the vest or jacket. The only time I will allow it diplayed across this vet is when there is a coffin between my corpse and Old Glory.

May I have two of the most AJ squared away Marines show the proper display of Flag Protocol as the that same Stars and Stripes is removed from the top of my casket, folded and handed to my family member.
There will only be two if you're cremated - therefore no coffin in between. If there is a coffin, then there will be six Marines. Just sayin.

I love the flag, i salute it whenever in uniform, but i also wear it proudly on my vest. To each his own i guess.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I fly old glory on my bike. I have a flag patch on my American Legion Riders vest and wear a Captain America helmet. I have a decal on my cage and fly the 'First Navy Jack' on the antenna.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, why not?

Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes I do.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't need to, I know exactly who I am, and where I'm from,my choice of motorcycles since 62 says a lot about my patronage.Spent 13 yrs serving in the Army.We have flown the Red White and Blue, for over 40 yrs at our home.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 AM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

As for American Flag clothing. I don't care for them. To me the flag is sacred and is supposed to be displayed with honor and destroyed the same. What do you do with your dew rag, shirt, sticker, ect. when they wear out?

GARYDUBF, YA CANT GET TO UPSET ABOUT THE CLOTHING AND STICKIER ETC.THING(oops caps sorry)they are not considerd an actuall flag. I do agree with your post

Old 05-21-2010, 06:21 AM
happycampinman
Cruiser

I have a flag patch on my vest and right under it says try burning this one assh8le

Quick Reply: Do You Wear the Flag?