Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach bike week 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhodenjr
I live 1/2 mile from SBB Four Corners, and I can tell you that crowds down south here in Murrells Inlet have definitely grown each day this week. The friggin county didn't let the outdoor vendors open until Monday, so the weekend was dead, but it's been pretty hoppin during the week so far, getting bigger each day. I rode to Georgetown (work) every day this week, and today's bike-to-car ratio has definitely been larger.

Compared to last year? I THINK the crowds may be a bit bigger?

Yeah- City of MB let the retired folks scare off the bikers and essentially kill a struggling economy. Go to MB- don't go to MB... do what you want. But the rest of the event is what you make of it. Some guys have come down and like sit and bitch about MB, others come and talk about chrome, and some just come and ride.

If you can't have fun at the Beaver Bar or the rooftop bar at SBB, drinking $2 beer or $1 Diet Coke and watching the crowd, you probably need to head to Americade anyway!

Don't forget to wear your helmet!!!!

Don't forget to put your stock mufflers on!!!!!!

Don't need it, **** on the town,

"THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: May 11, 2009
MYRTLE BEACH
In the midst of a recession and with loads of empty hotel rooms, South Carolina's vacation hot spot is hanging a "No Vacancy" sign for hundreds of thousands of motorcycle riders who have come here each May.
Over the past year, officials have outlawed parking-lot gatherings, loud mufflers and riding without helmets -- all in an attempt to keep the bikers out"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rules and Ordinances

http://myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/ordinances.html

The Mayor's Message, (Dick Head)

http://myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html

Oh yeah, I want to want to spend my money in Myrtle Beach,!!!!!!!

Last edited by ButtMan1000; 05-13-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I rode BY there a few days ago............... Just kept on riding too.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:03 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The real point.

I hear Daytona is looking to see how well this works out for MB with the idea of implementing something simular. Think some folk at Sturgis might be thinking about it too?

Blowing it off like you naysayers are doing is playing right into their hands. Keep letting em win and you won't be able to ride a damn motorcycle anywhere.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM
1320go
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile M.B.

as I have stated on here before it is not us that M.B.does not want.It is the bunch that comes at the end of the month.This I have been told by many locals.They can't keep us and not them.I have seen M.B. on that weekend and it is not a place you would want to be.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Screw MB and Horry county.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I hear Daytona is looking to see how well this works out for MB with the idea of implementing something simular. Think some folk at Sturgis might be thinking about it too?

Blowing it off like you naysayers are doing is playing right into their hands. Keep letting em win and you won't be able to ride a damn motorcycle anywhere.
Have you eve seen what Sturgis looks like before or after the Rally??

Have you ever seen what the town looks like, period??

The Rally brings in employment, income, TAXES, cold hard cash to an area that needs and wants it,

Sturgis is not a stupid town,

Old 05-14-2010, 04:54 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1320go
as I have stated on here before it is not us that M.B.does not want.It is the bunch that comes at the end of the month.This I have been told by many locals.They can't keep us and not them.I have seen M.B. on that weekend and it is not a place you would want to be.
100% correct,

NAACP defends the behaviour,

Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride

ABSOLUTE BS!!!

Get serious. Daytona goes out of their way to embrace the bikers and the bike weeks. If you ahve ever stepped foot on Main Street in Daytona, you know their biker bars in the heart of the city are open every day of the year. Main Streets main year round source of income is biker based.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Fats4life
Cruiser

Just got back. Thur. Fri. Sat. Sun. big crowds. Helmet law being lifted after Memorial day. No problems with pipes. More cars pulled over than bikes. Alot of bike stayed on Blvd.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:43 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain

Just got back myself. I noticed the same thing. Quit a large number of bikes and very little problems. Saw far more cars pulled over than bikes. Don't get me wrong the LEO's were thick, especially around SBB original, but I didnt witness a lot of harassment. As long as you were riding fairly normal they weren't bothering you. I was told the helemt law was found invalid by the SC supreme court and it should be anounced after bike weeks. We shall see.

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach bike week 2010