General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Many gang bikers carry arms legally

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 AM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Many gang bikers carry arms legally

ORIGINAL: pococj

Gee, amazing! You missed the point. The ones who had the carry permits were legal. They'd committed no crimes that would disqualify them from having the license. What, you want to deny someone their constitutional rights based upon who they associate with? Why not turn in your driver's license. After all, many car drivers riders have criminal records.
Should we let al qaeda members have concealed fire arms if they haven't committed any felonys yet. After all they might be the nice al qaeda members.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:12 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: atomic

Gee, amazing! You missed the point. The ones who had the carry permits were legal. They'd committed no crimes that would disqualify them from having the license. What, you want to deny someone their constitutional rights based upon who they associate with? Why not turn in your driver's license. After all, many car drivers riders have criminal records.
Should we let al qaeda members have concealed fire arms if they haven't committed any felonys yet. After all they might be the nice al qaeda members.

If they have commited no crimes and they are citicens of this country then they have every right to. The laws of the country apply to no one or everyone. You can not have it your way right away, this is not Burger King. I'm in the Navy and I do my job to defend anyone and everyone in this country so that they can believe and do pretty much anything they want. This is a free country and if you have commited no crimes then you are free to do what you will. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend terrorism or anything like that in this post, I am mearly stateing that in this country you are innocent untill proven guilty not the other way around.

Chris

Old 08-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Forgive me for butchering the quote, that is I believe attributable to Benjamin Franklin, and that is as pertinent today(maybe even more so), as when it was issued.

To paraphrase: "Those who would sacrifice Liberty for the sake of Safety, deserve neither!!!"

While we must be on our guard, we MUST NOT allow our rights to be eroded any farther than they already have been. Unfortunately, that means that, yes, sometimes the bad guys will do things that we don't like, but guess what, they are going to do them anyway!

Teu

Old 08-15-2006, 02:45 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Emotional, liberal nonsense! Should we not allow black people to carry concealed weapons because Ike Turner beat Tina? Would you rather be judged by your own deeds, or by the deeds of others with whom you are affiliated? Should we be guilty until proven innocent? Your line of thinking opens a scary can of worms.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:39 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atomic,

Using your logic, since some people drink and drive and have killed others on the road, no one should be allowed to purchase alcohol. Or cars for that matter.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:04 AM
sctusa
Road Captain

Good post and right on...

Many years ago when I was in my early 20's I was VP of a M/C in Ohio. There were always plenty of Outlaws and HA around. They did not bother us because we were a small group of about 30 members.
We even got invited to a couple of parties with both the Outlaws and HA together at the same time. As long as you were respectful of each other there were no problems. And believe me these guys were armed to the teeth. Sawed off shotguns, machine guns and handguns up the bazoo.
These parties were wild and were held on farm land that they either owned or rented. Lots of target practice but no one got hurt, with the exception of the occassional drunk biker dropping his bike while showing off. Fighting was not allowed and anyone that tried to start anything was quickly dealt with by whatever group they belonged to. This was private land and even the LEO's didn't come around.
These parties sometimes lasted several days.
Many of the HA's were doctors and lawyers and CEO's of big corporations. Don't get me wrong, if you messed with one of them they would all come after you.
If one of their members got in trouble is some part of the country they sent a high ranking member to fly there and find out what was going on. They had several tractor trailers that they would load many of the bikes on and head for somewhere close to that spot while most of the members flew there and waited on the bikes.
Of course there were bad apples that always just wanted to cause problems but they were generally weeded out pretty quick.
Their thing was to gain respect from the general public through fear and it worked pretty good as their notoriety grew mostly from urban legend and a couple of movies.
Not my way of doing things but it seemed to work for them and seems to be still working today.
As far as the shooting in Custer, generally not their way of doing things. Sounds like a couple of those bad apples had a vendetta against some of the outlaws for whatever reason.
Pretty sure the HA's will figure out what to do with those 2 members after the law is done with them.
Now as far as the Outlaws go there were mostly bad apples in that group...
All in all I am very glad I am not associated with any M/C today. Too many hotheads out there to deal with. Just want to ride and enjoy the sights....
And of course my G26 in my vest pocket and my CCW in my wallet, just in case...

Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

I don't want anyone who is on this thread jumping to conclusions by making broad brushed statements like violent criminal biker gangs to complain the next time some little kid runs in fear when you pull up on your Harley. When his soccer mom pulls him back when you and your buddies pull up at the local ice cream stand.

Just because someone rides with a gang doesn't mean they are violent or associated with criminal activity.

I think HD and the H.O.G. are more of a R.I.C.O. target than any of the 1%'ers... is HOG a "gang" they fit the definition.

P.S. I have never had an issue with the local 81 chapter, even when I am riding the rice bikes, I wish I could say the same about the local cops.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is so thorough how does it allow fire arms in the hands of violent Biker gangs members? And what is the point of even having policemen if they can't do their jobs? They are trying to prevent crimes and they can't even take guns away from gangs that were recently involved in a public shoot out.
Who said those stopped by the Police were recently involved in a shootout? Because they wear the same patch doesn't mean they were involved. That they were is merely an assumption. Assume nothing, wait for the facts.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: CraigC
Emotional, liberal nonsense! Should we not allow black people to carry concealed weapons because Ike Turner beat Tina? Would you rather be judged by your own deeds, or by the deeds of others with whom you are affiliated? Should we be guilty until proven innocent? Your line of thinking opens a scary can of worms.
Exactly! One of the main principles that our nation was founded upon was (and still IS!) that we are ALL endowed with INDIVIDUAL rights by our maker. Basically, I should not be made to suffer the loss of my right(s) simply because another abuses the right(s) we all share.

In other words, my right to carry a weapon for self defense should NOT be infringed simply because others have used their weapons to hurt or kill. Just because they abused their right does not automatically mean that I will as well. This is true even if I am affiliated with the rights abuser.

If my brother commits a crime...they don't throw me in jail for it...

Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it is so thorough how does it allow fire arms in the hands of violent Biker gangs members? And what is the point of even having policemen if they can't do their jobs? They are trying to prevent crimes and they can't even take guns away from gangs that were recently involved in a public shoot out.
Because in this country one is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Just because they wear the same colors doesn't mean they're all criminals. Using your philosophy you could make a case saying that since Outlaws ride Harley Davidsons, nobody who rides a Harley should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. Or the shooters had blue eyes so, nobody who has blue eyes should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. Where do you draw the line?

Quick Reply: Many gang bikers carry arms legally