General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother

The horn died on my Heritage. It was in warranty but I wanted loud. I WANTED AN AIR HORN.

I certainly didn't want a euro sound. The Wolo and others sounded like a french cop. I finally heard a sound clip of the Harley air horn. I haunted ebay till I found one and the installation kit for less than Harley wanted for the horn.

I just got it installed. When I hit that button I liked to have soiled myself. Birds left the trees in the front yard. I still haven't found the outside cat. Sweet Mother it was loud. It sounded like a semi about to come into the Harley shack.

If you want loud I can highly recommend the Harley Air Horn.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 905 Posts

That is the Wolo/Stebel in a different package

This one

Maybe you got the HD Dual Trumpets?

Last edited by golfblues; 05-09-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how was it to install difficult? how long?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

For a whole lot more money

Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 PM
scarpetta
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wlbowers
I still haven't found the outside cat.

That right there's funny stuff!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
That is the Wolo/Stebel in a different package

I got the premium Kit 69423-05. It probably is made by Wolo. But it is loud doesn't sound anything like them.

They advertise theirs as a train sound. It reminds me more of a european police car with out the warbel.

The Harley sounds like a semi. It's a "Get the Hell Out of My Way" sound.

Originally Posted by 09sungloflhx
how was it to install difficult? how long?
Not counting the fiasco with the old horn vibration bushing. About 1 1/2 hours. And most of that was draining and R&R of the tank. You have to buy a model specific installation kit.

Oh yea, a little note. If you hook it up and it sounds wimpy the wires are crossed.

As for costing a lot more. The wolo might be loud but it sounded like crap. I didn't want the '69 volkswagen on steroids sound.

When I hit that button I would have gladly paid retail for it if I had to.

Harley's price is $186 for the horn and $86 for the installation kit. I paid $110 for the Horn and $50 for the kit.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too wanted a deep loud sound from my horn... I want that texting *** to think that a truck has come up along side while he was too busy to watch the road. I bought a WOLO 415-MC horn set $59 delivered and it is the loudest I have heard yet..... Had to fashion my own bracket, but it was a piece of cake.

Attached Thumbnails Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother-hpim0598.jpg   Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother-hpim0600.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went with the Mini-Beast and happy with it over the HD air horn. personal choice i guess. main thing is to be HEARD when horn is blasted !!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 905 Posts

Mini Beast, Mini Beast II, Wolo Bad Boy, Stebel Nautililus, all the same horns from Italy. I believe the HD Premium is included. There are many HDF threads on these horns over the last few years. The difference in DB claims is from each company measuring from a different distance.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlbowers
The horn died on my Heritage. It was in warranty but I wanted loud. I WANTED AN AIR HORN.

I certainly didn't want a euro sound. The Wolo and others sounded like a french cop. I finally heard a sound clip of the Harley air horn. I haunted ebay till I found one and the installation kit for less than Harley wanted for the horn.

I just got it installed. When I hit that button I liked to have soiled myself. Birds left the trees in the front yard. I still haven't found the outside cat. Sweet Mother it was loud. It sounded like a semi about to come into the Harley shack.

If you want loud I can highly recommend the Harley Air Horn.
Had one. For two years I too was happy. Eventually, if used in rapid consecutive blasts, it failed to keep enough air compressed and it sounded like a bleating sheep with a dying goose jammed up its *$$. It would fail if it got wet. Then it would fail just if it wanted to ...

It came off and the stock cowbell is back on. YMMV. Good Luck with it

Quick Reply: Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother