General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn From He!!. Sweet Mother

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
.......it sounded like a bleating sheep with a dying goose jammed up its *$$. .......
What a great visual!!! This forum is great, it never ceases to put a smile on my face and a great start to the day.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 AM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the Stebel air horn first but it just didn't look right and didn't sound right so it ended up on the Jeep Wrangler where it sounds better than the stock horn.

I then put out the extra few bucks and got the Howard's Dual air horns and they turned out to be a much better buy. They're loud, easy to install and they look good (IMHO). For those of you looking for a good air horn, I'd sure give the Howards some consideration.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Whe're not happy with just the loud pipes

we need to be heard above the roar of the pipes and only air can do that. Must be a guy thing. For those of us not in the military, we don't have M4's or any other large noise making devises like you folks do. So we make do. I like my new air horn but would never, I repeat never want anything that sounded like a train whistle. From my experience, morons are, for some unexplainable reason drawn to train whistle so that they can try and commit suicide. (personally observed that) (from the cab that is) Gotta admit that for years going through communities during the wee hours of the morning, blowing the whistle was a cruel act we enjoyed to a point. Of course, when we didn't blow, some kracker would complain. Go figure