General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prostate seats 90 Hertiage

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 06:56 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced
Default prostate seats 90 Hertiage

I have a friend who bought his 90 Softail new in 1990. He replaced his seat with a Mustang that has a metal backing. he has had some prostate discomfort recently. Wondering if any one welse has experienced this? and if anybody knows about a more prostate friendly seat for his bikle? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Dave in New mexico.
P.S. he is not bar to bar he has logged over a quarter of a million miles since buying his evo.

Old 05-09-2010 | 07:25 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member

Well if this is a serious question I would suggest your friend see a doctor. Is he saying he can't get wood after riding? How else would you know your prostate was hurting?

Old 05-09-2010 | 07:53 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Scientists claim motorcycle riding in general isn't good for the stuff down there. Whether there's any truth to it......dunno

Old 05-09-2010 | 08:28 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced
Default hey Hullhore

Why would you ask if it is a real question? Frankly your response was void of care, interest or validity. If you don't experience this issue get on your comfy slow slugg and join the other twin cammers with equal disconect for real riders. See you at the bar....but only for one for me.....otherwise see in the next town and the next and the next and the next and the next.................

Old 05-09-2010 | 08:46 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Maybe a gel, inflatable or sheepskin pad would soften the seat. Or have his current seat reworked to put more padding around the sides and softer padding in the middle.

Old 05-09-2010 | 09:19 PM
Jags93
Road Master

I have to ask...

what should I feel if I'm hurting my prostate?

Old 05-09-2010 | 09:41 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
From: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.

Get a prescription for Avodart. Seriousely.

Old 05-09-2010 | 09:47 PM
DCamm94
Cruiser

Originally Posted by piasspj
Maybe a gel, inflatable or sheepskin pad would soften the seat. Or have his current seat reworked to put more padding around the sides and softer padding in the middle.
Cycling (bicycle) seats address this problem because they are constantly trying to keep pressure off with those ridiculously narrow seats. A lot of the guys have seats that have a hole in the middle (like mine). Obviously, this wouldn't work on a motorcycle seat, but you might have a gel or padding made that leaves a void underneath the prostate. That will probably be your buddy's best bet. Hope he figures it out.

Deck

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:03 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

You did not specify whether your friend has had the Mustang seat since 1990 or if he recently installed it. The information I am seeing indicates the Mustang seat baseplate is made from 3/16" thick marine grade fiberglass, finished in a high gloss gel coat. I think some of the older Mustang seats may have steel baseplates. I guess you could find out by seeing if a magnet sticks to it. The fiberglass baseplate with the high gloss gelcoat looks like it could mistaken for stamped steel. I don't understand how the baseplate could be as much of a factor in comfort as it is in the strength of it's construction. Is your friend saying that the padding compresses to the point that he feels as though he is sitting directly on the baseplate?

Tech23

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:11 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced
Default again thanks,

the seat was installed after 17 years with the stock seat....you do the math......obviously the bicycle seat answer is a good observation but I guess the bigger question is does a MC seat manufacturer make a prostate friendly seat or would it have to be cutome made? Thanks so much foer your responses...
David

Quick Reply: prostate seats 90 Hertiage