General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prostate seats 90 Hertiage

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:16 PM
DCamm94
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NMDave
the seat was installed after 17 years with the stock seat....you do the math......obviously the bicycle seat answer is a good observation but I guess the bigger question is does a MC seat manufacturer make a prostate friendly seat or would it have to be cutome made? Thanks so much foer your responses...
David
I have a friend whose dad has multiple sclerosis, so me and her husband rode the MS150 from Frisco to Ft. Worth a few years ago. The void works. I was on a road bike that is designed to weigh next to nothing, and it has this tiny little seat that puts all of the pressure on the prostate. The hole in the seat saved my bacon on all of the training rides, and the ride itself. I don't know of a manufacturer that churns out seats for the masses that handle the problem, but if your bud wants to ride, I recommend a custom seat to address his issues. I'm willing to bet a dollar to a donut that they have dealt with it before, but don't want to advertise it. Again, I am trying to help, and hope your friend solves this problem.

Deck

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:26 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NMDave
Oh I am sorry i wasn't clear....this may be a stretch but I think my friend believes the battery (located directly under the seat) may be interacting with the metal baseplate of the Mustang seat and negatively affecting his junk-(prostate).

Interacting?....is he saying the metal baseplate is touching the battery terminals? If it were touching only the negative post it wouldn't matter....now if it were touching the positive post of the battery I would think the electrical fire he would be sitting on would be his highest priority and not so much his enlarged prostate. If the baseplate were touching both battery posts...the exploding battery would also take his mind of his butt....at least for a little while. Maybe try putting a bar magnet in each back pocket....maybe that will cancel out the prostate specific electromagnetic field he thinks is building up around his butt. Do his eyes cross when riding near power lines? Just when you think you have heard everything too....LOL.

Tech23

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:32 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

I installed my Mustang seat and sissy bar pad today. It does have a metal baseplate. The seat is more plush with thicker padding than the stock seat. I have not ridden with it yet but it feels like I sit a little taller with my feet on the pegs, and just a tad farther back. I can still touch the ground flat footed because it's just a tad narrower too. I can't imagine compressing the padding to the point where I would feel like I were sitting on the baseplate.

Tech23

Last edited by Tech23; 05-12-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2010 | 01:42 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain

If you have Prostate problems, you "will" know it, and it won't make any difference what kind of seat you use. A lot of it comes from diet, alcohol intake, age and then the seat just compounds the problem.
I took a long trip a couple of years ago, I was having problems B4 I left, I barely made it home. Had to pull off the trip and head for home, I was sick for weeks.