General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prostate seats 90 Hertiage

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:12 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

unless your friend is either riding without padding or squishing the padding down completly the baseplate is a non issue, look at havign the seat re-worked to better fit him with a gel pack installed. i beleive theres a site sponser that does that sort of thing i cant remember which one it is right now but i am sure someone will pop in with that info shortly

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:48 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NMDave
the seat was installed after 17 years with the stock seat....you do the math......obviously the bicycle seat answer is a good observation but I guess the bigger question is does a MC seat manufacturer make a prostate friendly seat or would it have to be cutome made? Thanks so much foer your responses...
David
I was just trying to determine if your friend had an older model Mustang seat that may have had a steel baseplate or not. And you never answered whether your friend feels like he is compressing the padding and sitting directly on the baseplate

Since I am unable to help you with the limited information you had supplied....try this instead:

Google---> prostate friendly motorcyle seat----> Enter!

You do the math....then check your spelling!

Last edited by Tech23; 05-09-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2010 | 11:58 AM
flstcbob
Cruiser

My doctor told me that in the spring time he sees a lot of bikers and farmers for prostate problems. It seems that after a winter break from bouncing on a tractor or motorcycle seat, your body's not used to it.

For those who are curious, prostate pain feels a lot like hitting a pothole when you really gotta pee, even when you don't, it's hard to describe.

My mustang seat has been one of the most prostate friendly seats I've tried. I would suggest a good pair of shocks as the jolts from bumps in the road can shake your innerds, causing problems.

Old 05-10-2010 | 12:18 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
unless your friend is either riding without padding or squishing the padding down completly the baseplate is a non issue, look at havign the seat re-worked to better fit him with a gel pack installed. i beleive theres a site sponser that does that sort of thing i cant remember which one it is right now but i am sure someone will pop in with that info shortly
What NSC said. Seems like the best answer in the thread....mainly because that's what I was thinking when I started reading this thread.
BTW, NSC...sorry to hear about your scoot. Any updates, or is it still in the system?

Old 05-10-2010 | 12:30 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DCamm94
Cycling (bicycle) seats address this problem because they are constantly trying to keep pressure off with those ridiculously narrow seats. A lot of the guys have seats that have a hole in the middle (like mine). Obviously, this wouldn't work on a motorcycle seat, but you might have a gel or padding made that leaves a void underneath the prostate. That will probably be your buddy's best bet. Hope he figures it out.

Deck
That was what originally came to mind when I read his post. I myself would prefer a seat worked this way. I would rather have a seat that I get more support on the outer portion than the center.

Old 05-10-2010 | 01:06 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by flstcbob

My mustang seat has been one of the most prostate friendly seats I've tried. I would suggest a good pair of shocks as the jolts from bumps in the road can shake your innerds, causing problems.
That's good to hear, it confirms everything I have heard and learned about Mustang seats while comparing what is available for my Wide Glide. I have a Mustang seat on it's way right now. The Mustang Regal Duke seat looks closest to the original seat, only with more plush/comfortable padding. Especially when compared to all the other aftermarket seats available. That's why I could not imagine the seat pan being in issue for the OP's buddy.

Tech23

Old 05-10-2010 | 04:03 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced

Oh I am sorry i wasn't clear....this may be a stretch but I think my friend believes the battery (located directly under the seat) may be interacting with the metal baseplate of the Mustang seat and negatively affecting his junk-(prostate).

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:07 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NMDave
Oh I am sorry i wasn't clear....this may be a stretch but I think my friend believes the battery (located directly under the seat) may be interacting with the metal baseplate of the Mustang seat and negatively affecting his junk-(prostate).
Maybe put some aluminum foil in his pants...?

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:10 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by flstcbob
My doctor told me that in the spring time he sees a lot of bikers and farmers for prostate problems. It seems that after a winter break from bouncing on a tractor or motorcycle seat, your body's not used to it...
Ha!

That explains why I had no idea what prostate pain felt like -- here in southeast Louisiana, there is no winter break from riding... (eat your heart out!)

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:10 PM
DCamm94
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PPBART
Maybe put some aluminum foil in his pants...?
that made me laugh out loud. Holy crap.

Quick Reply: prostate seats 90 Hertiage