General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to Lyndall Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:53 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kudos to Lyndall Brakes

I purchased some new Gold pads from Lyndall last season. They only have a coupld of thousand miles on them but from the beginning the rears would squeek after a few weeks. I'd remove them andclean them and all would be well...for a few weeks. It started getting old and was somewhat embarassing when I did a agility course at a local HD party.

I called and spoke with Paul. He told me that the issue was with the calipers being out of sync. He told me how to fix it permanently but I would need new pads because even after I fix the caliper the pads are now worn uneven and have hot spots or something so it still will not be a good 100% fix.

He is sending me new pads for free. This wasn't even a problem with his pads. It is a problem with my bike...and he still stands behind his product. How many companies do that? Very, very few. I will buy Lyndall pads forever. Customer for life!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

It's the pads. He did the same for me and many others. Great service but squeaky pads. The rears on my 06 still squeal.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 AM
BlackRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched to Lyndall pads last year when I changed the brake fluid and couldn't be happier with them. One of the few mods that really makes a big difference. I plan on going to their floating rotors also when I get home. Mine don't squeak but if they did it would be a small price to pay for having better brakes and not having to clean all that damn brake dust off my spokes like with the stock Harley pads.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At $60 a set they should have a lifetime warranty anyway. I can't say that I had dust problems with stock pads but my brakes now are whisper quiet with Gold plus pads and floating rotors. Maybe more due to the rotors than the pads. What was the fix for out of sync calipers? Being as stock calipers don't use different sized pistons, I can't imagine what, other than cleaning, could be done.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by k&j eglide
At $60 a set they should have a lifetime warranty anyway. I can't say that I had dust problems with stock pads but my brakes now are whisper quiet with Gold plus pads and floating rotors. Maybe more due to the rotors than the pads. What was the fix for out of sync calipers? Being as stock calipers don't use different sized pistons, I can't imagine what, other than cleaning, could be done.
I agree, what was the "caliper" fix? Curious minds want to know. Another question regarding these pads, what is the life expectancy? I have heard anywhere between 5-8k, can anyone shed some light on this? Im trying to justify the cost for the return on investment.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

I love my gold plus pads. I have at least 45,000 miles on them. I would have more but my caliper pistons are un even and premature wear as a result so I'm eager to hear the fix!

Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I agree, what was the "caliper" fix? Curious minds want to know. Another question regarding these pads, what is the life expectancy? I have heard anywhere between 5-8k, can anyone shed some light on this? Im trying to justify the cost for the return on investment.
When my original HD pads were gone at 12,000 miles, I installed the Lyndall Gold pads. That was 48,000 dust and squeal free miles ago, and they still look good for another 10,000. That's an excellent return on investment in my book.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member

Wow thats some awesome numbers. Are you talking front or rear pads?

Old 05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have the z plus pads front and rear. They have been on for about 20K in the front and are not even halfway. My front brake is really all I ever use as well. Regular pads would have been worn out ages ago.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:43 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member

Anyone know the best place to get some pads?

Quick Reply: Kudos to Lyndall Brakes