General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle or Screamin' Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 PM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,172 Likes on 354 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle or Screamin' Dealer?

Just curious...what ever happened to the HDF member who's dealer tried to back out of his Screamin' Eagle deal and refund his deposit?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the dealer sold the bike to someone else. His lawyer told him it would cost too much to pursue in a court of law, so he's forced to accept his deposit back.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by badbaggerz
I do appreciate everyone who has emailed the dealer. One of my friends went there and they said the bike is gone not too much longer from when they returned my deposit. I spoke to an attorney and he said you probably can fight it but it will cost me about 5000 and then it will be held up in court for awhile I will lose a few days at work. He did say they screwed me and its bad business practice. Ive spoken to alot of people who said they had the same thing happen to them by harley davidson of danbury. They had a deal and go to pick there bike up and the price changes. I wish they reported it to the attorney generals office. I WILL do everything in my power to stop them from screwing other people but I am not sure if I want to give up time and money that I can spend with my wife and kids and of course time to ride. I will keep posting about them on other sites also. Im sure the attorney generals office keeps records of complaints of dealers and maybe they will step in eventually. I have a bike to ride this year and I will go to NY CITY HARLEY DAVIDSON in queens when they come out with the 2011 models. They are looking for a 2010 se street glide also but not sure if they could get one but if they do it would be MSRP like a few other dealers are. Carl one of the owners of hd of danbury wrote me a letter and basically just said our dealership and you didnt come to an agreement on the price of the se street glide and heres your deposit. Its a bunch of bs and my attorney said the same thing. My attorney said I cant get the extra money they got from another deal but they would have to get me the same exact bike for the agreed price. I am not cashing the check until I am 110% sure of what I want to do. THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!
think it's pretty much a done deal.....