General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh Windshield....How I Love And Hate You!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by micahpop
Well, if you do think of something, can you do it without the condescending tone? Thanks.
Actually that was suppose to be funny. Mainly because there are a lot of us that do it. Put blings on our scooter because they look better than they work as a functional accessory. My appologies Sir. I guess I forgot to ad the end.

I do, to each his own! I dont personally know what to say to someone who chooses to put something fugly on there scoot for comforts sake. if I wanted comfort id take the cage personally. but I keep those opinions to myself usually because I'm aware that theres different strokes for different folks. Just my 2 pennys.
scarpetta, you are also correct.

Last edited by shortride; 05-10-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

I tried one on my WG. Adjusted to just below my line of sight. Above 50mph it buffets my helmet and head so bad my glasses vibrate and makes for a very uncomfortable ride. Took it back off.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem, bikes. Sometimes what we type does not come across exactly how we meant to say it. And let me just add...

Windshields are dorky!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Tucson_Tim
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like windshields. I don't like looking through them -- especially at night during a rain. But I do wear a full face helmet and, now that I'm an old man about to retire, I don't take really long trips anymore. If I was going to go on a long trip I might consider one.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Never thought I would have bags. Now I have bags.
Never thought I would have a windshield........... Still dont but.........
Maybe.

MikeM

Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
bluesmanjesse
Road Captain

Maybe you should just ask yourself,what makes your ride fun and what makes you happy? Shield or no shield? When I was a new Harley owner I wanted to be in the hot bike club now I just want what I want instead of what I think everyone will think is "cool" looking,A nice riding comfortable bike that I enjoy riding is it for me as of right now. I'm just starting to do little things to it to make it a little more stylish but just subtle thing that I like.

Last edited by bluesmanjesse; 05-10-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Jade Dragon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chuckw2
I tried one on my WG. Adjusted to just below my line of sight. Above 50mph it buffets my helmet and head so bad my glasses vibrate and makes for a very uncomfortable ride. Took it back off.
Thats how mine gets without the shield but just cruising around town I dont need to get any faster than that. Out in the country on the Hwy it is a different story, I have to put on my sheild. I also ride with the WS in the winter. I too hate the look of it though!

Last edited by Jade Dragon; 05-10-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain

Talk about your love hate relationship . Love the way it handles the bugs but hate the way it transfer's motor noise up to ya .

Old 05-10-2010, 09:01 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never ridden with one. Wife took it home in the car on the way home from the dealer. But now I'm scared to try it. Might not want to take it off. I enjoy being in the wind.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 PM
hvymtlmvr1
Stage I
Default windshield

im glad i had mine on the other day when a half a sheet of half inch plywood came flying up off the street and hit me!!raelly wouldnt ride without it,,,except up tp the store around town

Quick Reply: Oh Windshield....How I Love And Hate You!