General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kyle Petty Charity Ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I went to a mall they were supposed to stop at a few years back. They were way late and when they got there they pulled in the parking lot on the other side of the mall from where the people were waiting. After a while I rode over there to see what was going on and they had left. I went and got something to eat and stopped at the mall again and there were a few support vehicles there and a couple of motorcycles, but no NASCAR drivers around that I could find. So I'd say the whole deal is not worth bothering with.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:58 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
They're gonna be at Smoky Mountain H-D about 20 miles up the highway from us tomorrow...was thinking about taking my son over there to see 'em.
Dammit, I'm on the boat till the 21st. That would've been cool to see.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:13 PM
lilbruce
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
We didn't see much of the farm other than fences and pastures....The whole event was out in a big field.
Ah well I bet that was still fun... I would still like to go

Old 05-07-2010, 11:23 PM
lilbruce
Road Master

Originally Posted by mp
I went to a mall they were supposed to stop at a few years back. They were way late and when they got there they pulled in the parking lot on the other side of the mall from where the people were waiting. After a while I rode over there to see what was going on and they had left. I went and got something to eat and stopped at the mall again and there were a few support vehicles there and a couple of motorcycles, but no NASCAR drivers around that I could find. So I'd say the whole deal is not worth bothering with.
Man that is sad to hear... I liked the people coming in.. I cant believe they were late. They said they would make it to where I was at 530 and they were right on time...

Originally Posted by TattoodCaptain
Dammit, I'm on the boat till the 21st. That would've been cool to see.
There is always next year....

Here is a vid clip and me and my gf were in the back ground there...
http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/93043079.html

Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 AM
lilbruce
Road Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o73SKgfX0u0

Heres the video I recorded

Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never really care for Kyle,...or Richard,..well hell none of the Petty clan, but I can appricate the work being done for Victory Junction and all of kids that it has helped. I would of liked to met up with the ride though, just to meet Robert D. Raiford.

http://www.victoryjunction.org/

Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
lilbruce
Road Master

Yes they have done a great amount of work for the special children out there. I wished I could go to the junction when they have camp and just see how it is. I know they spend alot of money and I know they help alot of families!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbruce
Yes they have done a great amount of work for the special children out there. I wished I could go to the junction when they have camp and just see how it is. I know they spend alot of money and I know they help alot of families!
Bumping an old thread for an anniversary... The Victory Junction gang came through Wilmington NC on 5/11/11. We rode to downtown Wilmington and the crew rolled in right on time and snagged a few pictures of Kyle and his Crew. These guys truly are a blessing for a whole lot of special needs children. Heres a few pics from the 2011 ride taken yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails Kyle Petty Charity Ride-kyle-petty-024.jpg   Kyle Petty Charity Ride-kyle-petty-025.jpg   Kyle Petty Charity Ride-kyle-petty-026.jpg  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 AM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When they started their ride here in Lake Placid on May 7th, it was mostly just another group of very wealthy, friendly people hobnobbing with the mayor & doing cocktail parties the night before.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 AM
smokehiker
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hollowpoint
When they started their ride here in Lake Placid on May 7th, it was mostly just another group of very wealthy, friendly people hobnobbing with the mayor & doing cocktail parties the night before.
Looks like by this article that a silient auction was held on 5/6 in support of Kyle's work and the public was invited. Surely some of the riders that were not hobnobbing were there?

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/c...ica.html?nav=0

Quick Reply: Kyle Petty Charity Ride