General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tragic loss last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow, that really sucks. The guy sounds like a good one though. You even said he drove 6 hours to help you, and didn't charge you for it. So keep that in mind. I'm sure he's feeling a LOT worse than you right now. It's easy for me to sit back and say this, but I'd give it a little while before jumping into any decisions. Get a chance to look at the bike, and see if it's salvageable. If it is, rebuild it. I'm betting the indy would help, and there's already plenty on here willing to help, myself incuded.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
this guy is a good guy, and follows the old school code when it comes to "brothers" hell he drove 3 hours to come get my broken down azz last week and 3 hours back and only charged me for the gas, lets me carry a tab/payment plan on parts and repairs, so its gonan suck if my only option is to go after him personally for replacment cause i am gonna lose a good friend
Try to remember this.......

Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Dam Shame, Prayers sent for the Mistress.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
nope he doesnt have insurance

the lawyer i just off the phone with explained that unless i can prove negligence, i am SOL as far as taking legal action. as i am reluctanct to sue this guy especialy with what he has doien for me in the past, i will go see him i nthe next couple of days and see if he will do right by me in respect to replacing the bike, or its value. if not then he aint as good a guy as i thought and sueing him wont hurt as much
For what it is worth talk to the indy owner, get over to the site, assess the damages. Having talked to a Attorney may have opened you eyes to what would lay ahead legally. It will cost you far more fighting over this. Not to mention losing a friend in the process.

Again, assess the damage, talk to the owner. You may have a whole other outlook to this situation.

Material items can and will be replaced in your life. You can not replace a loved one in your family. Your son will one day have his dad's Harley. It just may not be that one.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Just remember we are all here to help. I am sure I speak for many in that we will do what we can to help you out..

Liz

Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's to the Mistress and to you NSCoyote. Give it time and let the mistress tell you what she needs to come back to life. Then go slow with her and start over.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks big time. I wish you the best also, and hope that everything will work out for you in the long run.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
Just remember we are all here to help. I am sure I speak for many in that we will do what we can to help you out..

Liz
TRUE... When that account is up I imagine you will be amazed at the response to your "Mistress"' malady... I've got a C-note stuck in my seat, for emergencies, and I say this qualifies... Jack in hand, here's to the Mistress and your family..........

Old 05-04-2010, 09:21 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please take some pictures and post them for us. Post em and show us what she looks like. I hope it isn't as bad as it looks. Think about the other owners who lost their bikes too. Buy you a lottery ticket, perhaps your luck is about to change. I hope so, for your sake.

RD

Old 05-04-2010, 09:23 AM
glennt7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That SUCKS! Don't know about the Maritimes but down here in the states the shop would have to have garage keepers liability insurance for your bike to covered on thier policy. this is an available coverage to garage risks but is not required to be purchased by the shop, its an option. I would talk to the shop owner and see if he has it. Otherwise if you don't have physical damage coverage on your bike your out of luck. Might have to enlist Ricky, Jullian, Bubbles and Conky for satisfcation, Oh thsta right Conkey is dead. By the way where are you in NS I am originaly from Chatam NB ( now Merrimichi City ) and go back every year in the summer, was thinking next time to take a ride over to PEI see some relatives and come back thru NS

Quick Reply: Tragic loss last night