General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biker gang shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:55 AM
uj034
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-13-2006, 02:40 AM
reefteach
Tourer
Default RE: biker gang shootout

Chalk one up for the "rent a cops". Not true LEOS here, but apperently had enough insight to ID the Getaway Vehicle. Nice job, This doghnut is on me!
Seriously, I'm glad the driveby people are in custody. I dont know how far this is from sturgis, or if it will have an impact on events.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:09 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I'll bet it's all a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the HA are just regular guys and not really criminals.

This was said very tongue in cheek. Every time the subject of 1%er's come up on this board there are those who defend them as being a bunch of good guys with a few bad apples.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-13-2006, 09:46 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morons. Leave 'em in jail forever.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:41 AM
RetroHarley
Tourer

Kudo's to the LEO's in Sturgis, they had this thing clamped down in minutes. We were in Custer when it happened, cops and ambulances were flying to the scene just after it happened, we entered the park 4-5 minutes later and came to a road block (scene of the crime) 8 or 9 miles into the park. Road was closed, so we turned around and headed out, when we went back through the gates there were Sheriff Deputies on either side of the road with shotguns and Automatic Rifles posted that weren't there when we entered.

And at every major intersection there were LEO's posted in bullet proof vests. I stopped to ask directions to Needles and they were very polite and never led on that anything was happening.

I hope this doesn't become the main news of the Rally, because it really wasn't. Unless you read the local paper, most didn't even know it happened.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Branded
Road Master

Kudo's to the LEO's in Sturgis ??? Aint Custer like 75 miles from Sturgis?

Old 08-13-2006, 12:29 PM
MOking
Tourer

All the LEO's were working together out there.....Sturgis I'm sure was not involved due to their own issues.

I was in Deadwood 2 days after the shooting. Outlaws were in town for a while and there were so many LEO's it was amazing. I'd say no less than 10 within one short block. They held so close to that they didn't give the Outlaws room to spit on the sidewalk.

I saw ATF, County, State and local LEO's. It was impressive.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

One thing you gotta say is that the Hells Angels have a cool patch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels

Old 08-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kinda like the way people defend cops. Everybody knows that they're all nice guys who never throw their weight around.

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I'll bet it's all a misunderstanding. Everyone knows that the HA are just regular guys and not really criminals.

This was said very tongue in cheek. Every time the subject of 1%er's come up on this board there are those who defend them as being a bunch of good guys with a few bad apples.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-13-2006, 12:49 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MOking

All the LEO's were working together out there.....Sturgis I'm sure was not involved due to their own issues.

I was in Deadwood 2 days after the shooting. Outlaws were in town for a while and there were so many LEO's it was amazing. I'd say no less than 10 within one short block. They held so close to that they didn't give the Outlaws room to spit on the sidewalk.

I saw ATF, County, State and local LEO's. It was impressive.
And all those grey shirted Sturgis cops weren't local LEO's either. There had to be 100 or so in Sturgis alone. For a town of 4700, there's no way they were local LEO's.

As for my comment earlier, the Sturgis Rally is not just Sturgis anymore, it's everything within 100 miles or so.

The law enforcement presence was VERY impressive. My hats off to the coordination, I never felt threatened.

Quick Reply: biker gang shootout