General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biker gang shootout

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:08 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: biker gang shootout

I have not made any brags about the ethics of my employer. I know that there are some bad seeds in the ranks of a police department. Being a member of a police department, however, does not require me to pledge loyalty to an organization that is historically steeped in drugs, gangland violence, theft and murder.

Being a member of a police department does not require me to support the bad of my organization even to the point of killing for them if necessary. I believe that membership in an OMC requires loyalty to the club under all circumstances, and doing what ever is necessary to defend the club.

I probably shouldn't use OMC. There might be some on the board that the use of initials will annoy.

Just a point of view.

Regards,

Bill

Old 08-14-2006, 03:20 AM
stc13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

Kudo's to the LEO's in Sturgis, they had this thing clamped down in minutes. We were in Custer when it happened, cops and ambulances were flying to the scene just after it happened, we entered the park 4-5 minutes later and came to a road block (scene of the crime) 8 or 9 miles into the park. Road was closed, so we turned around and headed out, when we went back through the gates there were Sheriff Deputies on either side of the road with shotguns and Automatic Rifles posted that weren't there when we entered.

And at every major intersection there were LEO's posted in bullet proof vests. I stopped to ask directions to Needles and they were very polite and never led on that anything was happening.

I hope this doesn't become the main news of the Rally, because it really wasn't. Unless you read the local paper, most didn't even know it happened.
Apparently, we cruised by the lake soon after it happened. The LEOs had a bad guy on the ground, handcuffed. We kept moving and didn't see more, other than some response vehicles. Glad we missed the "main event" and the roadblocks. Our ride thru the park was pretty much routine, since we didn't become aware of the shootings until we got back to the Chip.

Overall, great trip -- lots of friendly people, great concerts, decent food, too much beer, and on the down side, the usual traffic jams through town.

I'll be back next year!

Old 08-14-2006, 06:36 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer

This should say it all......

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...ion/opin01.txt

Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree with you on that.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior

Why didn't they just fence off the place, sale tickets and let those guys have at it, sort of like a bikers UFC?

Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only found out after talking to some cops and them telling me what happened. As we were talking four or five Hells Angels from Germany were getting into a mini van, the cops were taking down the plate number and had an unmarked SUV follow them. The last I heard was they had two in jail, and they were deporting another one.

As for all of the cops, the Sturgis PD will take any cop from any state to work at the rally. You have to fill out an application and get a letter from your Chief saying it is OK to work Sturgis. You get paid 1200 to 1500 a week, they feed you one meal a day and give you a place to stay. I have not verified this but it came fro a cop that was working the rally and he was from Nebraska. They work 12-hour shifts and are then allowed to go play. Might be an idea for all of the LEO’s on the forum, we could work all day and party all night.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
firestar99
Cruiser

I to took it that the WEASEL don't like LEO'S. TOO BAD I bet the H.A. liked the leos when they were saving there lives.
I am a 27 year LEO and have had several run in's with some 1% dip sticks. Wasn't impressed. Most are cowards and NONE are worth a F*&K. They do nothing to promote our pass time, but give BIKERS a bad name.
ALSO according to NAT. STATS on gang related violance. The ANGELS and the BANDETOS along with the OUTLAWS (outlaws and bandetos are joined to fight the angels) the groups have killed well over two hundred of there own in the past two years. They are in a war in the upper most north eastern and canadian area. The turf war is over who controls the drug trafficing in that area.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Bear64
Banned

Ever hear of the Renagade pigs M.C.??? three peice patch, top rocker, patch, and bottom rocker with the M.C. lower right side, for every intent and purpose they look like and act like 1%ers except all are clean shaven well except for a couple of them I met..Seems they are all LEO and when they say that they say, all active duty police officers, no Per Mar or rent a cops>>> Just thought I would let you know about them..kind of cool, only clubers i know that can leagally carry while rideing in a group..

Old 08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

bottom line there is bad on both sides .but you cant hold all for what some do .as for the ones that feel they can do it at sturgis that is not the place to do it .if they want to kill each other make sure there is not alot of people around who is trying to enjoy themselves . its not the first time this kind of stuff has happen . but they need to relize sturgis just isn't for there own stuff any more .i seen alot of them in wall and a few downtown . but the leo's had there number.for what sturgis is today the leo's did a great job .you can like the leo's or not . but in this case they did great and you got to give them credit.i think we all dont want to see that kind of stuff happen there . it's not the old days any more .