General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking 4 a good Pair of Sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:01 AM
kbuckz06
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking 4 a good Pair of Sunglasses

I have tries several pairs of harley glasses and even Oakleys but these dont seem to block that wind?The harley glasses even had the foam that rest against your eyes????I do not want to switch to goggles,Any Suggestions?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been riding with Guard Dogs for about ten years now, have a set on each bike. I ride with and without a windshield under almost all conditions. For the price and performance I'm hooked. I wear the original Sidecars .... http://www.guard-dogs.com/shop/index.php?cPath=30

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WileyX. Bought a pair from a HD shop last weekend....WAY nicer than the HD models. In fact went back and bought an extra pair. Because I wear contacts, I hate to have the breeze over my eyes which causes my contacts to get dry. I was a little skeptical at first as the foam doesn't fit flush to my face at the ends...but after riding with them I wouldn't use anything else!

I have the model SG-1 (a pair of 70's and a pair of 71's). Both have clear and smoke colored lenses. Both have a lanyard strap to hang them from your neck...if you use that sort of thing, and both will detach the temple piece that runs back over your ear and you can plug in the adjustable elastic strap (included) so you can wear them as goggles if that floats your boat.

http://www.wileyx.com/MOTORCYCLE/index.aspx

Last edited by SlowRain; 04-30-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Snap96
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for WileyX. Also, Bobster Eyeware (www.bobster.com) look ok. I've never tried them so can't vouch for them but reasonably priced.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:09 AM
DocJ
Road Master

Oakleys are GREAT for cycling...of the pedal variety. For a motorcycle, you really do need that foam lining. I personally always wear a full-face helmet, so I've just not invested in riding shades.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vote for Wileys here!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Gatorz Wraptor - they sit close so keep the wind out

http://www.gatorz.com/index.php?page...emart&Itemid=1

Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DocJ
Oakleys are GREAT for cycling...of the pedal variety. For a motorcycle, you really do need that foam lining. I personally always wear a full-face helmet, so I've just not invested in riding shades.
I know guys that swear by the foam, I have never found a pair that work on my face. I've worn the old style "DA" glasses and they keep almost all wind out, the Guard Dogs I have do not use foam, but do not let the wind around, they stay on when I look around or back , for me they work. I agree, there are many that work, but it's a personal thing, all faces are different, what may work for me, may not work for you. You have to test drive them.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the WileyX in a harley shop, and can't get used to the feel of the foam. I think everyone's face is different, and they seemed a bit narrow for me. I found a pair of Maui Jim polarized glasses at Costco that work great for me ($79). They are huge (think of the movie TERMINATOR!), but I think they look good, and the lenses are crystal clear. My wife teases me about them being the glasses they put on you after cataract surgery, but I like 'em!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:58 AM
BugDr
Road Master

I have the Wiley-X, with photosensitive lenses and foam around the eyes. Keeps the wind out of the eyes and they adjust to all lighting conditions. I've had them for about a year now and wouldn't wear anything else.

Quick Reply: Looking 4 a good Pair of Sunglasses