General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Vintage vs Sport touring Vintage

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
MGN54
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mustang Vintage vs Sport touring Vintage

Still contemplating what seat to go with on my recently acquired 01 Night Train. Have had some experience with Mustang seats and think that is the direction I want to go, although haven't ruled out C&C just yet. But looked on the Mustang site and they now have a sport touring vintage seat.

Anyone with experience with this seat or someone that can compare the two would be helpful. Mustang site doesn't go into it, but it looks like the sport is a thinner profile than the standard vintage seat. I'm thinking that the sport profile might look good on my NT but don't want to sacrifice comfort. Doing plenty of that now with the POS stock seat! Ouch!

Finally, wondering if you could use the sport tour back seat with the standard vintage front for a little more sleeker look out back?

Thanks!

Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Blue Ice
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to compare seats, too...

I'm in the same boat - trying to compare solo seats online. Mustang has a "Vintage" seat, a "WIDE Vintage Touring" seat and I just found a "Tripper" seat by Mustang. After a day of searching I'm seeing that everybody LOVES the WIDE Vintage Touring" seat, however, I'm concerned that it will "lap over" the sides of my sleek looking Sportster and make her look more like a spinster aunt than a hot ride.

I understand that Mustang will allow a 30 day return/credit on any purchase returned in good condition so it may be worth the extra $30.00 in the retail price to have to option to return a "dog" if doesn't perform for me.

Any experience out there?

Old 05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Kski
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Ice
I'm in the same boat - trying to compare solo seats online. Mustang has a "Vintage" seat, a "WIDE Vintage Touring" seat and I just found a "Tripper" seat by Mustang. After a day of searching I'm seeing that everybody LOVES the WIDE Vintage Touring" seat, however, I'm concerned that it will "lap over" the sides of my sleek looking Sportster and make her look more like a spinster aunt than a hot ride.

I understand that Mustang will allow a 30 day return/credit on any purchase returned in good condition so it may be worth the extra $30.00 in the retail price to have to option to return a "dog" if doesn't perform for me.

Any experience out there?
I had the studded solo on my sporty and did flop over a bit but only a tiny bit. I didn't take any above shots but this is the normal studded solo seat. Taken the day I traded her in. *sniff*

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Vintage vs Sport touring Vintage-pictures-9-17-09-060.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the standard width Mustang Vintage - love it!