General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long wait for ACC helmet

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: long wait for ACC helmet

They gave me 10% off today when I called. I mentioned the forum. She said "I'm not sure but I'll give you 10% off anyway because I'm nice" and she did.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well worth any wait. Best helmet I've worn (at least I wear this one.) Would not hesitate to buy another.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Denier
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered on July 14 and received them on September 1 (was told 4 weeks originally and called and they needed to extend it a couple weeks). This is the most comfortable and lightest DOT helmets that I have ever worn. I recommend them to anyone. It's well worth the wait. Black Candy is a great color too!!

Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
chops
Tourer

I lucked out and actually found a Dealer in Fort Lauderdale that had a new shipment of sizes and styles.
I've had mine not quite two years now, still looks new, yes they are pricey but I would buy it again.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ordered mine last week of Aug, at that time she told me 6 weeks. My guess is I won't have it for this riding season. I hope I 'm not disappointed with it.
You would think that with such high demand that they would boost their production line with more employees.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:20 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

I called ACC this afternoon since I have been waiting over 8 weeks. They told me my helmet will ship tomorrow. I mentioned HDForums and she gave me 10% discount on the helmet. So far nice people to deal with. Hope the helmet is worth the long wait...................BG

Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 AM
00glider
Cruiser

I can't remember when I ordered my DOT helmet. It was probably about 7 weeks - but I was prepared for that.
It came last week and I love it. I got the 10% HD-F discount even after it shipped. Thanks for the tip about that.
I asked to have mine done in chrome fiber even though it looks like that is for non-DOT only. They said "no problem".

I wanted D-rings but they said they couldn't unless I took the helemt as is with the quick release and then returned it.
They also sent a letter saying if I wanted the other liners I could ask for them at no charge. That's kind of strange.
Some of you said you got all three liners and could get the fastner on original order. Is that right?

I see they now offer "flames" as a 14-piece cut sheet deal, but they are nearly $50. Ouch.
They may look cool, but with my luck I'd stick them on uneven, and they won't put them on for you either.

Anyway, I'm happy with the helmet.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Psycho
Road Master

Mine took nearly three months. When I got it, I wasn't sure I really liked it, but I figured out quick what the trouble was, the liner was irritating my balding head, (I'm sure it's just me. I have all sorts of sensitive skin issues), and it was wee bit small for me. Rather than go to the next size up, I just removed the liner. I then cut pieces out of the liner and used the little velcro buttons that came with the helmet, to place the pieces where I needed them to make it fit right. That worked. I just wear a doo rag under the helmet to keep the liner material from irritating me. It fits perfect, and I love it. Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. Compared it to a buddys skid lid on a ride last weekend, and there was less than a quarter inch difference all the way around.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
NoVaThunder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 00glider

I can't remember when I ordered my DOT helmet. It was probably about 7 weeks - but I was prepared for that.
It came last week and I love it. I got the 10% HD-F discount even after it shipped. Thanks for the tip about that.
I asked to have mine done in chrome fiber even though it looks like that is for non-DOT only. They said "no problem".

I wanted D-rings but they said they couldn't unless I took the helemt as is with the quick release and then returned it.
They also sent a letter saying if I wanted the other liners I could ask for them at no charge. That's kind of strange.
Some of you said you got all three liners and could get the fastner on original order. Is that right?

I see they now offer "flames" as a 14-piece cut sheet deal, but they are nearly $50. Ouch.
They may look cool, but with my luck I'd stick them on uneven, and they won't put them on for you either.

Anyway, I'm happy with the helmet.
A buddy of mine wanted one, so when he ordered I told him to get me one. No special requests by him as far as D-rings but both came with the D-rings and all three liners. We received them last week. Not sure the exact date he ordered them. Kinda wierd they would tell you they couldn't do D-rings unless you send it back and we got them without even asking, hmmmmm.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:55 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My non dot took 8 weeks, and was not as nice as I thought it should be for the 110.00 cost w/shp, the helmet was nice but the inside was about the same as all the 20.00 novelty helmets with a stick in foam sizing piece, sold it on ebay and got my money back.

Quick Reply: long wait for ACC helmet