Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM
choo53
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Gloves?

Wow, that is why I really like this forum. I have had Raynaud Phenomenon for years and thought it was from running service calls on trucks in the cold. Never thought it was as common as what it is. I found that thread very interesting. Amazing what information is on this forum.

Heated gloves were mentioned several times. What brand do you prefer? Where is the best place to buy them in central ohio? Wired and rechargeable? Pros & cons? I really appreciate all the info, thanks.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,265 Likes on 1,309 Posts

I believe the most popular brand on this forum is Gerbings. They are available from several places on the internet, sometimes it's cheaper to get them direct from Gerbings if you have a 20% off discount code (they can be found on the internet also).

There are a few other brands that are mentioned here as well. Warm and safe is well received. Tourmaster is mentioned sometimes, usually with complaints.

I wore my Gerbings this morning; nippy out.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by choo53
Wow, that is why I really like this forum. I have had Raynaud Phenomenon for years and thought it was from running service calls on trucks in the cold. Never thought it was as common as what it is. I found that thread very interesting. Amazing what information is on this forum.

Heated gloves were mentioned several times. What brand do you prefer? Where is the best place to buy them in central ohio? Wired and rechargeable? Pros & cons? I really appreciate all the info, thanks.
Yup, most popular are the Gerbings.... that's who makes the Harley branded heatd gloves. Don't even think of battery operated gloves unless you just plan to ride for a just few minutes at a time. Can't beat the luxury and comfort of constant temperature fingers and hands that the wired heated gloves provide on long distance cold rides.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
cmeaney
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Harley brand gloves and the jacket. In Indiana it has extended my riding season at LEAST 6 weeks on either end! Only drawback is the constant temp of the on/off switch can cause the gloves(and jacket) to get pretty warm. I need to get the temperature adjustable switch. Over all, one of the better investments I've made. Can't say that I made the right financial choice, going straight to a dealer, but I have no regrets.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with what has been said, Gerbing is the way to go, I have the wired ones, they are always warm, and they work great, though the wire can be a pain sometimes. Also Gerbing is a great company that back their product with a life time guarantee, I purchased my gloves off of someone here on the forum, after about two months the left glove stop working, so I called gerbings, and explained the problem, they said to send them in and they would repair/replace accordingly, in about three weeks I had a brand new pair delivered to my door. Not once did they ask where I bought them, if I filled out the warrant card, if I had the receipt etc etc. Awesome company, stands behind their product, in my opinion I would highly recommend gerbings.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Gerbing is the choice for me.I have mine wired to the dash switch so I can turn them off for a while if it gets too warm.They are pretty warm even not plugged in.I use them like that alot also.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the HD gloves and plug them into my bike with an adapter via the battery tender tab. Got the gloves because of my hands getting cold and numb. Got mine off of ebay and no they do not have a thermostat but I haven't needed it. If I'm riding in the cold the constant temp of the gloves is just the ticket for me personally but then I'm small and very cold natured. If I had a thermostat on them it would probably just stay turned up all the way all the time. The gloves are a tad on the bulky side, so I don't like using them except when it's really cold.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most days you turm on once then turn them off and they stay nice all day.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain

Gerbrings makes a great product and is a great company.

You might want to look at your local dealership. About a month or so ago, several of the ones around here had their heated gear at a huge discount.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

bump for reference

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves?