General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is everyone so worried about the future of Harley's exhaust systems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 04:01 PM
Delaware 1200 Custom
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default why is everyone so worried about the future of Harley's exhaust systems?

The new 07 catalog not only has exhaust upgrades, but they also have computer maps / fuel injection upgrades as well.

Also, has anyone heard a new 07 stock exhaust run?

I have.... I heard a new 07 fuel-injected 883 run last week.... and it sounded better than my stock 06 1200 exhaust

also heard an Electra-Glide too, sounded better than last years model

based on what I've seen, HD has made slight improvements in the exhaust department this year.

Old 08-11-2006 | 05:43 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: why is everyone so worried about the future of Harley's exhaust systems?

I ride to ride, not to sound cool with my exhaust. I'm not worried about it. why don't all the metrics get mowed down by cars? they don't have loud pipes....... anyways...thats my rant. but I guess I do run with SEII's on my bike...

Old 08-11-2006 | 05:54 PM
Bagger97
Novice
Default RE: why is everyone so worried about the future of Harley's exhaust systems?

I have heard a number of different 07's run and they all sound much louder. I think H-D is just using the SE parts as stock.

Old 08-11-2006 | 07:48 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

why don't all the metrics get mowed down by cars? they don't have loud pipes.......
Don't know about your area but 99% of the metrics here have loud pipes.

Old 08-11-2006 | 07:53 PM
RELICS
Banned

Just seems the EPA has gone **** on the motorcycle communities

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:09 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

One thing is for sure, HD is "narrowing" the after-market for exhausts, at least on EFI models they warn you more and more about not using SE mufflers as replacements for stocks when looking for louder pipes... For a dresser in example if you want to sound "nice" you have to go for an increased intake of course, then your pipes, recalibration module, etc... Carburated bikes are much simpler when it comes to exhaust mods wouldn't you agree?

Long live carburated bikes w/free flowing exhausts!

Regards.

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:14 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

Ya know I've heard the 07's and I've got to admit they do sound a little better than the stock 06"s but to me they still sound about as loud as a stock Volkswagon. Now don't get me wrong I'm not looking to ride around breaking windows and eardrums but I do want some of that Harley rumble under my azz. So you can bet I'll be adding some aftermarket exhaust to my 07 just as soon as possible!

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:17 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

The only thing to worry about is what NHTSA and EPA are going to attempt next on bikes.

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:19 PM
scttgr8
Road Master

I looked at the 07 RKing and the dealer told me they would still do mods if that was what I wanted...but I kept the 05 instead for now...not to sure on the first run engine and tranny hook-up. think I will wait and let them debug on somebody else first.

Old 08-11-2006 | 08:51 PM
WillieC
Road Master

I have an 07 Dyna and the stock exhaust sounds like CRAP. Sounds like there is a muffler clamp loose
and it is hissing air out of it.
I will take the sound of my stock 06 Dyna over the 07. But I really want Vance@Hines on it.

WillieC
ORIGINAL: Delaware 1200 Custom

Also, has anyone heard a new 07 stock exhaust run?

Quick Reply: why is everyone so worried about the future of Harley's exhaust systems?