Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM
diamond_spear
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vance & Hines Slip-ons

Has anybody put V&H Straight Shot HS Slip-ons on a Dyna? I'm looking for a better sound than I get from the stock mufflers on my FXDC and these seem like a good bargain, but haven't talked to anybody who has them on their bike. Advice anybody?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as you with my new Dyna. There are some posts if you search for "straight". Too bad there isn't a thread with comparison sound clips. There are some clips on here but no centralized thread.

My bike is kept under a little carport originally meant to keep a motorized golf cart. It's only a few feet away from the next door neighbor and I don't want something obnoxious. Maybe the SE's from Harley but on a 2010 those are very expensive. I guess they might have a catalyst inside.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM
BobbyD
Road Warrior

I use them and really like them. I am using them without the quite baffel and like the sound. An extra fifty bucks will get you the quite baffel if you want to tone them down a little. The best part is you don't have to make any adjustments to anything else. As we in the computer world say "Plug and Play".

Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I put them on my 09 fxdc and love the sound. It's fun to watch my neighbor's pit bulls run to the back of their house when I fire it up.....

Old 04-26-2010, 01:38 PM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,161 Likes on 353 Posts

I had these slip-ons on an 08 StreetBob a couple of years ago and thought they sounded great. Not too loud or obnoxious, just right...about the way we all wish our new bikes sounded out of the crate. Price is right too!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

I have them and love them. I have the standard baffles and they sound perfect. As stated above you can get the quiet baffles as well.

You can see my set-up below. I think the only thing i left out was that i have the PCV and had it Dyno'd. Sounds great. Obviously not a huge performance gain. But I will wait until i hit the lottery before I do the head work and get a full set of pipes.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
mjrobinson
Cruiser

I have them. They are great.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set on 01' Wideglide and thought they were great with the standard baffles. jmo

Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
BubbaHoTep
Intermediate

I had them on my 09 Rocker for about 6 months. I put the quiet baffles in after about 3 and liked the sound. I think I found them on Ebay for 250. I got Big Radius on there now (it seems like every Rocker does). They sound good but I did it for the sound and the looks. The HS slipons were worth the money for the sound and the look when I didn't have the money for the complete set. (AC, Pipes and download)

Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 PM
True Grit
Cruiser

i have them on my heritage and think they are great. you will not be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Vance & Hines Slip-ons