Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 AM
rcjoy2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Just curious if anyone on this forum is going to Bike week? We have a group going from Virginia. Did not go last year. Heard it was okay, but stay out of MB City. Plan to ride Merrill Inlet and N.MB. Outer Banks was okay, but MB has always had the crowds. Is this event going away? I see vendors advertising for this. Your thoughts anyone?
Thanks

RJ!

Last edited by rcjoy2; 04-25-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,262 Likes on 1,578 Posts

Nope.

No more.

Me and my money have other places to go where we are wanted. Like Laconia, where people still wave from lawn chairs.

Enjoy your new taxes Myrtle Beach.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:30 AM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

myrtle beach has decided it no longer needs the money that biker week brings in. A bunch of a**holes in my opinion. They have now a helmet law as well as a noise limits if you go into myrtle beach, be advised. Horry county is different..

Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

Screw Myrtle Beach. Too many other places that appreciate what a bike event brings to their local economy.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, not a dime in 09 and nothing in 10 either; F*ck those asshats
Coyote.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Jwirlwind
Stage IV

Originally Posted by rcjoy2
Just curious if anyone on this forum is going to Bike week? We have a group going from Virginia. Did not go last year. Heard it was okay, but stay out of MB City. Plan to ride Merrill Inlet and N.MB. Outer Banks was okay, but MB has always had the crowds. Is this event going away? I see vendors advertising for this. Your thoughts anyone?
Thanks

RJ!
Myrtle Beach bike week is the oldest bike festival in the country. It will never go away. Although the black bike week has caused a lot of problems with the city of Myrtle beach, Harley-Davidson bike week will keep the tradition. As long as you have old farts making the rules for the city of Myrtle beach, problems with noise and routy people will always cause problems. As far as wearing a helmet in the city, so what. If you come from out of state to get here, you will wear a helmet. One thing for sure, there is no place in this country that has the seafood like Myrtle beach, bar none.
Jerry

Old 04-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Jabo
Cruiser

I live in North Carolina and have gone to the spring and fall rallies since 2002. Anymore there are very few vendors and it's just not as friendly as it used to be. This year we are saving our money for Sturgis as they seem to be a little more biker friendly. And yes there are some old folks with money that want to make it a retirement community. It is a really bad situation for business's as they have always depended on the bikers. I like the area but it simply not what it used to be.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:55 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

I really hate to admit it but..........Not everyone thinks we are the greatest thing since grits!!

Old 04-25-2010, 05:06 PM
AluminumGT40
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Bike Week

I have found data that says bike week is cancelled: http://www.tripsmarter.com/myrtlebea...s/bikeweek.htm

And I have data that says Myrtle Beach bike week is on, but the location will be outside of the Myrtle Beach city limits : http://www.myrtlebeachbikeweekrally.com/

Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 410 Posts

MB doesn't like bikers. Why would anyone want to go to there?

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week