General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM
pcbertsch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, I have socks that need to be washed?!?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Screw MB. Screw Horry county. The seafood is as good or better in a lot of coastal areas. The people are more friendly in other places. There are places that want bikers and their dollars----I don't have to waste mine on SOB's.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The only "tails between the legs" I see are headin' to MB..."

Not sure I get that but like I said, I'm probably going anyway. Regardless of "hearsay" about who gets the money.. I'm pretty sure (positive) that the places I'm gonna support won't give any of my money to anyone in MB proper.
I eat cheap and I drink water...nobody's getting rich off me anyway...lol

Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
Sorry...HOLLISTER in California was the oldest bike rally in the USA, and unfortunatly, has been canceled the last 2 years due to complaints from non-bikers.

GHollister was the birthplace of the American Biker, and was the basis for the storyline of the movie, "Wild Ones" starring Marlon Brando.
The Hollister rally started in 1997 to celebrate the the fifty-year anniversary of the "incident" that occurred in '47. So it lasted about a dozen years. Hardly the oldest motorcycle rally in the US.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man We cant wait we are heading down on monday the 10th , Staying in murells inlet ! Lookin foward to it!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
"The only "tails between the legs" I see are headin' to MB..."

Not sure I get that but like I said, I'm probably going anyway. Regardless of "hearsay" about who gets the money.. I'm pretty sure (positive) that the places I'm gonna support won't give any of my money to anyone in MB proper.
I eat cheap and I drink water...nobody's getting rich off me anyway...lol

My "tails" comment refers to those who keep going back to places where it's been made clear they're not welcome with a "I'll show 'em" attitude...

You know, like the world is full of ******** who will kick a good dog, but the dog will put his tail between his legs and keep goin' back...

No hearsay...my friend LIVES in MB proper, and knows a number of people there whose income comes from businesses they own in the County...

If you know (postitve) that none of the businesses where you'll leave a dollar is one of those, good on ya...

I'm not into taking the time to question all the business owners out in the County as to their residence, or how they voted in the elections, so they can all still kiss my happy ***...I'll be riding and spending my money in friendlier places...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 04-27-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shumanrog
It' wasn't Harley Davidson Bike Week that upset the locals. It was "that other" bike week that got everyone upset. Most of those bashing Myrtle Beach would understand their actions if you knew all the horrible things that go on during that other bike week. Restaurants trashed, large groups of "bikers" walking out without paying bills, locals assaulted and rampant violence, etc. Then when local places decided to close during that week to avoid the problems, the NAACP brought suit against them and won! I don't agree with what Myrtle Beach did but I can understand it.
The aholes only shot themselves in the foot. HD riders left but BBW continues. I hope they really enjoy themselves. They threw out the money and got stuck with the trash.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Clump
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0013
The aholes only shot themselves in the foot. HD riders left but BBW continues. I hope they really enjoy themselves. They threw out the money and got stuck with the trash.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:25 AM
dolson911
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're here now - got in Friday night. Bit of a ghost town.

This 5-day vendor permit thing is a killer for anyone that's here on the weekends. Some vendors will probably set up today, but can't do anything until tomorrow.

Most of the action (at least bikers hanging out) is in Murrells inlet.

Weather's been great.

-DO