General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM
miketami
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0013
Sorry to correct you but Hollister started in 1947 , 63 years old if it was still alive. Myrtle Beach is in it's 70th year as a rally IF IT LIVES!

you are both wrong. Laconia is the oldest bike week. Started in 1922 and still running strong.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are too many other beautiful areas down here that welcome us for me to waste my money in Myrtle Beach. I am not going to support the rally, even if it takes place outside of the city limits, not when I can ride to Charleston, Savannah, Beaufort, Jekyll Island, Edisto, etc., etc.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw the city of MB. I will however,probably go down and support the areas and places around the city limits tho. Plenty of good times without going into MB city. Nothing in the city limits but yuppie **** anyway...
Too many in here just throwing up their hands and saying..ok..if they don't want us here..we'll just tuck out tails and go.. **** that. They are running you out...and...ya'll just let 'em win..
I'd like to think that bikers would stand against bullshit...but I guess I'm wrong..
Like I said...Stay out of the city and you will have a good time.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Laconia is the oldest running rally, not MB or Hollister. We call it the "rainy rally". LOL! Screw MB, never again, nada, nope!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:14 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
Screw the city of MB. I will however,probably go down and support the areas and places around the city limits tho. Plenty of good times without going into MB city. Nothing in the city limits but yuppie **** anyway...
Too many in here just throwing up their hands and saying..ok..if they don't want us here..we'll just tuck out tails and go.. **** that. They are running you out...and...ya'll just let 'em win..
I'd like to think that bikers would stand against bullshit...but I guess I'm wrong..
Like I said...Stay out of the city and you will have a good time.
EXACTLY.

BTW, nice ****.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miketami
you are both wrong. Laconia is the oldest bike week. Started in 1922 and still running strong.
Laconia is the oldest as you said but I was talking about Hollister and MB Rally's. Needless to say I live only an hour from MB and I'm not going wouldn't waste my money in that town.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I went in 2008. Wasn't impressed and decided not to go back before the city made their changes.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a fellow biker from my home town who has lived in MB for alot of years now...

When he visits home, he tells everyone he talks to that the only way to change things down there is to STAY AWAY from the whole area...

He tells us that a big % of the businesses out in the county are owned by the residents of MB proper, and that as long as bikers are spending money out there, these people are happy as **** house rats...

They keep you out of the City, and you STILL put money in their pockets...

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that, and you're naive as hell if you don't...

The only "tails between the legs" I see are headin' to MB...

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll never go again. I also heard the Harley pulled out, they are not going to waste their time.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM
shumanrog
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It' wasn't Harley Davidson Bike Week that upset the locals. It was "that other" bike week that got everyone upset. Most of those bashing Myrtle Beach would understand their actions if you knew all the horrible things that go on during that other bike week. Restaurants trashed, large groups of "bikers" walking out without paying bills, locals assaulted and rampant violence, etc. Then when local places decided to close during that week to avoid the problems, the NAACP brought suit against them and won! I don't agree with what Myrtle Beach did but I can understand it.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week