General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwirlwind
Myrtle Beach bike week is the oldest bike festival in the country. It will never go away. Although the black bike week has caused a lot of problems with the city of Myrtle beach, Harley-Davidson bike week will keep the tradition. As long as you have old farts making the rules for the city of Myrtle beach, problems with noise and routy people will always cause problems. As far as wearing a helmet in the city, so what. If you come from out of state to get here, you will wear a helmet. One thing for sure, there is no place in this country that has the seafood like Myrtle beach, bar none.
Jerry
Sorry...HOLLISTER in California was the oldest bike rally in the USA, and unfortunatly, has been canceled the last 2 years due to complaints from non-bikers.

GHollister was the birthplace of the American Biker, and was the basis for the storyline of the movie, "Wild Ones" starring Marlon Brando.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwirlwind
Myrtle Beach bike week is the oldest bike festival in the country. It will never go away. Although the black bike week has caused a lot of problems with the city of Myrtle beach, Harley-Davidson bike week will keep the tradition. As long as you have old farts making the rules for the city of Myrtle beach, problems with noise and routy people will always cause problems. As far as wearing a helmet in the city, so what. If you come from out of state to get here, you will wear a helmet. One thing for sure, there is no place in this country that has the seafood like Myrtle beach, bar none.
Jerry
Myrtle Beach bike week was a blast while it lasted. Won't go back unless it goes back to the way it was. And, I think there are MANY other places with great seafood.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:48 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know guys who keep hanging around an old girlfriend or ex who has dumped them, because they just can't believe its over...it's pathetic...

MB used to be a blast, but the City doesn't love us anymore...

And don't fckn' kid yourself that the money you spend in the county doesn't make it's way back into the hands of the residents of MB proper...that's naive...

Man up, and take your *** to the many other rallys and cities that welcome bikers with open arms...

MB has seen the last of my happy ***, my bike and the $$$ I used to spend there...

Fck 'em...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 04-25-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why go somewhere you're not wanted? Too many other cities that are biker friendly. Just my .02.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM
rockhard69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They made ot very clear they do NOT want you there, SCREW THEM, never again.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll be there Sunday to Sunday like I have for the past 20 years. I'm glad some people boycotted. I got a really great rate on my room.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

A little something I heard about Myrtle beach.

A. You park any way out of line, they tow your bike as is. Not like in Daytona where you could park pretty much anywhere you wanted except in the highways. If you go and park outside of a designated bike parking area, it's gone.

B. I was told bars are now limited as to how many alcoholic beverages they can serve to people during bike week there, so even if you're walking to and from the bar I think the max they can serve you is four.

I'm sorry, but that's just bullshit. If I'm going to walk my *** to a bar to have a drink, I should be able to get more than four.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:03 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The deal with the parking they don't allow more than 2 bikes per metered space or you will get a ticket. I saw tickets issued for this. Never saw anyone towed.

Never seen or heard of a 4 drink max.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
The deal with the parking they don't allow more than 2 bikes per metered space or you will get a ticket. I saw tickets issued for this. Never saw anyone towed.

Never seen or heard of a 4 drink max.
A bar tender told my friend this last year. About the drinks that is.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No Myrtle Beach on my itinerary.
I know when I'm not wanted.
There's better roads in North America.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week