General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! H-D financing question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 21, I walked in with a trade in and got my 2010 Street Glide with a 9 percent interest rate. Of course I also have like a 690 - 720 credit score.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

I just financed my 2010 Ultra Limited. They wanted to finance it for 0 down, but I put down additional money. The interest rate was 7.99%

Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Went through HD finance, they said I would not have to put anything down if I didn't want to with a good credit score. I did put 15% down though, but it did not affect anything as I was approved with the rate and no down payment before that. Remember that the longer the term, the higher the rate goes. my options were 6% at 60 months or 8% for either 72 or 84. My local credit union offered 6.9% for max of 60, so HD was actually better.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just bought a 2010 fatboy. The sale guy said and put in writting $1000.00 down. I go to the dealer. pay the $1000.00 down, do ALL paper work, tags, plate on the bike. get the keys and the bike is in the lot ready to go. As I put my leg over it the manager runs out and refuses to give me the bike telling me the sale guy messed up and they want another $1000.00 down. It would not have been a problem but I did not have a check with me and was dropped off. After 3 hours or BS I left with out my HD and need to go back. I called the state police when I got home and asked if it was legal and was told no. I was told after the paper work was done and keys in my hand it was my bike. I now need to go back and deal with the manager with the facts from the police and attorney generals office. I even called two other dealers in other states and both said they would have eaten the $1000.00 to make the customer happy for the mistake. Not this place though. So much for a good experience. HAD TO VENT.

To the original question::: the dealer told me that with good credit 10% down. Great credit 0% down. Mine is good as it is my 3rd new HD off the floor.

Last edited by coronerrpm; 04-27-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:05 AM
The Reverend D
Tourer

Dude, HD Finance is in business to make money. They want to make YOUR money. Be an adult and do what so many of us have failed to do and buy your bike with cash. If you have an extra $300.00 per month, out that three hundred into a savings account every month and in three years you'll buy that bike with CASH. Your $ will gain interest that you get to keep and you'll own your bike outright.

If I'd done that in 2006 I'd own a bike outright right now instead of having 3 years of payments in front of me still.

Be smart. The only people telling us we need a good FICO score are the people loaning us the money.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:42 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my limited in Dec. My only advice is to shop around for your loan. Neither my bank nor my credit union were able to meet the interest rate I was offered by Eaglemark, so that's who I went with. I could have had 0 down, but had saved up money for a down payment, so I paid as much as I could up from to lower both my payments and interest rate.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
.........and people wonder why our economy is in the chitter right now.....

As far as buying a used bike through a credit union......my CU will finance 115% of blue book value.....so it comes down to blue book vs. whatever the dealer is asking for the bike.

.....if it's over 115%, you better have some cash.
+1. My credit union 125% of book value. Mainly to cover any negative equity on a trade.

I got quoted 15% from HD Finance with 10% down. My credit union did the whole note, nothing down, for less than half that rate.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey Rev, nice gitar and thanks for the words. Problem is, I'm 65. Three or four years and I'm almost 70. Time flies brother and money cannot buy it back. :- )

And again, thanks for the good advice. If I was a young'n like you that is what I'd do! Oh, and a few other things as well... -L-

Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

The Dealers make money if you finance thru HD Credit (Eaglemark) on the rate.
Basically Eaglemark will offer the Dealer cash on the higher the rate. Its a way to give you the impression they are making a better deal on the purchase price of the bike when in reality Eaglemark is making up the difference if you take a HIGHER rate. Negoiate the rate if you have a good credit score. We did this all the time when I was in the mortgage business.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM
cellexjohn
Advanced

Well I guess I'll throw my deal in. A local credit union is working with the harley dealer and offering 5.35% @ 60 months to quailified buyers. First the dealer told me I was approved through HD credit for 30k @ 7.99%. I told him I wanted the advertised 5.35%. I got a call back in less than 30 min approved at 5.35. I thought it was an unbelievable rate. I signed the paperwork and all is good! Picking up the SG tomorrow!

Enjoy!
John

Quick Reply: Help!! H-D financing question...