General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorkote any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010 | 01:56 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

By the way Motorkote treats the surface not the oil. I've been using it for 2 years with no problems at all. I even use it in my trans in my chevy blazer which used to shift like it had a shift kit in it, now it's nice and smooth. For you people that don't think it works, well I guess you will never know.

www.motorkote.com

Old 04-24-2010 | 10:05 PM
voodoodrug
|
Stellar HDF Member

The two people i know that use it dont make any comission either.If it really has a noticeable affect i will report back.This will take alot of time.I am going to try it in my mercedes in the fall along with the kids minivan(notice i didnt say my minivan lol) and the bike probly in a few months. u also have to figure in the price that you are using less oil to some extent by replaceing it with a volume of this stuff minus any eutectics(?)...

Old 04-25-2010 | 12:09 AM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Curt1953
I use it in my cars and my Sporty as well. I don't get half as much as lugging in 4th gear as I used to get in city driving. Also I get about 5 miles to gallon more too. beleave what you want, I for one knows it works.
Lugging is lugging. Some snake oil in the engine doesn't affect what happens when you run your bike at too low an rpm in too high of a gear. And common sense tells you it couldn't increase your gas mileage 5mpg.

Old 04-25-2010 | 12:15 AM
joesride
Tourer

Anyone get tired of watching the old bearing videos that most of the snake oil salesman show when they are hawking their goods? just sold my 1992 cherokee with 318k miles on it, used nothing but plain old valvoline straight 30 wt in summer and Valvoline 10w-30 in winter,change every 5k miles.That motor is clean as a whistle, runs great, and has never even had a valve cover removed on it. Go figure !Fella i sold it to drives it to work every day.

Old 04-25-2010 | 12:06 PM
roqueweiler
Advanced

Here's a great information page on oil additives.

It has a link to the FTC search page so you can see other brands and judge for yourself. Slick 50 (and their lawsuit) is my fave.

I already know that a cup of coloured mineral oil won't hurt my engine but I can make it for free at home.

Old 04-25-2010 | 05:40 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mp
Lugging is lugging. Some snake oil in the engine doesn't affect what happens when you run your bike at too low an rpm in too high of a gear. And common sense tells you it couldn't increase your gas mileage 5mpg.
I'm not saying that, I ment that I don't have to down shift as soon as I used to, trust me I don't let my engine lug. Like the site says, motorkote treats the surface not the oil, so it doesn't drain out when you change your oil. I used to get about 130 miles between fill ups in city riding, after about 2 fill ups that jumped to about 145 miles. So if you don't try it you will never know.

Old 04-25-2010 | 05:49 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't think it works, so I will never know. But I do know NASCAR race cars don't dump their oil on any lap, unless they break an oil line.

Old 04-25-2010 | 11:49 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member

Never heard of the stuff, but generally speaking, dumping in additives is not a good thing.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm
http://www.google.com/search?q=slick%2D50+dupont

Old 04-26-2010 | 12:35 AM
roqueweiler
Advanced
Old 06-09-2010 | 10:43 PM
wrongway2
Advanced

I've used Motorkote in 3 different bikes and a friend uses it in 2 of his bikes. We both agree that it makes a difference.

Does it work?????? Who knows. Many truckers say it works. I find that with a non-harley (bikes with wet clutch) the shifting is definately smoother and less clunky, and the bike idles a bit higher.

With the Ultra I haven't tried it in the transmission but definately in the oil the handle bars actually vibrate less at idle (fact). I've only had it in the Ultra for about 40 miles so too soon to tell any other advantages.

I'm a believer and now am trying to find out if it's ok to put in the transmission on the harley.

Just my opinion but based on personal experience.

Quick Reply: motorkote any opinions?