General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do after the repo man

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
lmarkie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do after the repo man

I let my wife take care of all the finances in the household. I am currently going through a divorce and found out last night that she has not paid Harley Credit for the last 3 months. She had mentioned to me shortly after we got married, that I need to get rid of the Harley because we couldn't afford it and she was no longer interested in it. I had my Harley before I met her and told her that if it goes I go. She got my *** by not paying for it and repo man showed up. Dumb *** me, guess I'm too trusting. I just want to kick myself to death.

I have done my budgeting over and over and I have no problem affording it. I have no idea where the money has gone. She also works.

My question is....What happens after the repo man has it. I've call 877-877-7370 and have left a message to see if I can work things out and they have not gotten back with me. I always had the money to pay for it but my wife has never kept me informed on what was paid and what was not.

Anyone have any other experience or suggestions on getting my Harley back?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Harleyriding77
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your going to need to contact the lender. They are the only people that can tell you what you need to do. Dont bother with the repo agency as they are only doing what the lender hired them to do.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
flylock
Tourer

I have no experience with your situation, but I would be looking into all of my other finances, loans, bank accounts, everything that she could have monkeyed with to see what else could be mucked up.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Your finance company will either ask for all back payments to release it, or they might want payoff, but doubtful. Then the repo guy might get a small piece of you, but he has already made his money by picking it up. Storage fees come to mind!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Also do a quick search for laws in your state before you call. You want to know your rights in the states. Some states they have to let you do back pay and get it returned. Others you don't really have as many rights. But the company is not going to tell you your rights you need to know them ahead of time.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You got no phone calls looking for payment? No letters? I missed a car payment years ago and had a letter, a message on my house phone and on my cell phone.

Anyway, yes, call the lender.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
wwNightster
Tourer

Your marriage lasted for less time than your finance term on your motorcycle. I think you might have some bigger issues to work on first.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by lmarkie
She had mentioned to me shortly after we got married, that I need to get rid of the Harley because we couldn't afford it and she was no longer interested in it. I had my Harley before I met her and told her that if it goes I go. She got my *** by not paying for it
Nice way to start a marriage. Good Luck LMarkie

Old 04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
taz ride
Road Master

After you get your bike back, kick the wife to the curb. I thank she is skimming from you.Sorry I have been down the same road. I never looked back after getting rid of mine.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:18 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing happened to me back in the late 70's.
The wife paid all the bills and one day she gave me the boot.
Little did I know that she hadn't paid any bills in 4 months. He hide the notices and the day they shut the electricity off she was gone.

A week later the repo man came and got my nice Ford Econline van that I was so proud of. Called the company ( Ford Motor Credit ) and was told if I could pay it off I could get it back. Which I couldn't just lost all that equity. Little did I know they sold it for 1/2 of what I owed on it then came after me for the balance. I ended up paying for that and my credit was marked for 7 years.

What out, they will want blood before it's over with..

Quick Reply: What to do after the repo man