General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have purchased two jackets from LeatherUp so far. One is a vented, armored jacket with lots of YKK zippered pockets and a full (including sleeves) removeable liner. Talk about heavy leather...this thing is as good as I've ever seen and only paid $150 for a 4XL. My other one is a padded old school looking medium weight leather jacket that I just wear for knocking around. Also a very cool jacket that I paid something like 60 bucks for. Definitely order two sizes larger than you normally wear.

I also bought 4 Outlaw brand half-helmets from them. Very happy with the helmets also.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:02 PM
skdvr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious what the OP is thinking of his jacket. I have been looking at some of their stuff and would like to hear what you think after having this for a few months...

Phil

Old 09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the buffalo jacket with shoulder and elbow armor from Leatherup.com being delivered this week. I'll post my thoughts here when it arrives.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
eddie eggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm probably late to this thread, but my wife bought chaps and a coat and I bought chaps from Leatherup and neither of us have any complaints. The prices are great and the quality is good. They've held up well so far. Hope that helps somebody trying to make a decision!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM
recon7
Cruiser

I just got a jacket from them, and unfortunately, it doesn't fit. I lost a lot of weight this past year, and ordered a small. It's still too big! It is as big as my Uniq jacket, which is a medium.

If I had nothing to compare it to, I would probably have no complaints. Since I can compare them side by side, the Uniq leather is much thicker. I believe Uniq is also made in Pakistan, and maybe I just have a heavier weight leather. It was also about three times the price ($300), and that was five years ago.

I'll be sending mine back as it doesn't fit, but would probably have kept it for a "lighter" leather jacket if it did!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 PM
wraith883
Cruiser

Bought 3 helmets from them, 1 leather vented jacket, mask, gloves and pair of goggles......all of it is awesome. The jackets run small. I normally wear a XL but ordered a XXL and it fits great. If you need to return stuff, its no hassles and the new product gets back to you right away.

-Jer

Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got a perforated leather with a zip out lining - very nice jacket. I think it was about $90 - it's held up very well. Hint: buy 1-2 sizes larger than your ordinarily wear.

A HD perforated was about $400.00

I'll take the LeatherUp and keep $300.00

Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

I've purchased a few things from them. I have about a dozen leather jackets (please don't ask, I went through a "phase", trying to find the "right" jacket). Not bad stuff.

And not to hijack or answer the wrong question, but a couple of thoughts.

New Enough has a sales/clearance section and if you watch it, you can get some amazing deals on fairly high end jackets. You just have to watch the site for a while, things come and go. I have a couple of $300-plus jackets I got for less than $100 each.

Another thing, the River Road brand, while offshore made etc, is really not bad stuff. And there's a guy on eBay who sells the jackets at really good prices. I have several, and they are decently made and attractive. Heavy leather, pretty good. Poke around and you'll see the seller quickly.

My first real road leathers (as opposed to racing leathers) were custom made for me by Vanson, in South Boston, in the very early years of the company. I've owned and still own some pretty high-end leathers. And yeah, there is a difference. But some of these Asian-made jackets would last a lifetime, with occasional repairs or maintenance. It's just hard to argue with that any more. Even if you have to replace a zipper in five years, so what?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
twothousandfour-supr-glide
Cruiser

I ordered and received a leather jacket with armor from Leatherup, I used the sizing chart that is on their website in selecting the size. The jacket fit, it is very heavy and the sleeves are long enough so they stay at my wrist when I ride. Overall happy with the purchase.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
NR4TW
Tourer

I am very happy with the jacket I got from leatherup.com

Here's the one I got: http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...mor/53282.html

Forget the reviews that constantly say you need to go up a size. I think some people are in denial about how big their guts have expanded to, and are claiming the size charts are off. I was fitted for a suit right before I ordered my jacket and used the suit measurements on the size chart on the website and the jacket fits perfect.

Quick Reply: LeatherUp Jacket