General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to complain about dealer to Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Just bring it back and get a refund...HD stuff comes with a 90 day warr...plain and simple. You could try HD cust service @ 414-342-4680...Something don't sound right...How long ago did you purchase it?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there has been tons of press about those dipsticks are junk

Old 04-24-2010, 08:50 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Have you tested the gauge with boiling water? It takes 5mn. Put the disptick in boiling water and if the reading isn't 212F or close to it at sea level, the gauge doesn't work.
Then go back to your dealer and if he still doesn't want to hear about it dispute the charge if you used a CC. If you paid cash, call the BBB.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 04-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:49 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want to test the temp to see if it is correct boil a pan of water and stick it in it should read 212 deg

Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
thats a faulty product,how can you not install a dip stick properly,put it on the counter and start swearing

Bad advice. Hostility and profanity will get you nowhere but thrown out.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
jcr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since each dealership is individually owned, you can dall HD but they will say they are sorry but nothing they can do. they will tell you to talk to the GM of the dealership.
Had an issue myself after purchasing a 2010 Ultra turns out the dealership was only interested in my $ not any return business or anything. Just stick it t them and get them out the door.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

You may want to keep it short of profanity but I have found that a somewhat louder than normal conversation, on a Saturday when the showroom is full, tends to get some better results. Sadly, I've been in that dealership and crowded is not a word I would use to describe them at any point. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The markings are probably differant than his stock stick,,, thats no biggie just check your level and see where it reads on the new stick. Just remember where the stick should read......... I had the same problem but my stick has a needle.

As far as your dispute try starting over they should resolve this. There must be some kind of misunderstanding thats all. Cussing and raising hell wont work. I always try to make the guy at the counter WANT to help me by being pleasant and nice to him. If they like you they will want to help. Usually anyhow.......

Old 04-24-2010, 12:57 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Little Mike
You may want to keep it short of profanity but I have found that a somewhat louder than normal conversation, on a Saturday when the showroom is full, tends to get some better results. Sadly, I've been in that dealership and crowded is not a word I would use to describe them at any point. Good luck!
This works. I know a man who had a legitimate complaint at Kmart but was getting nowhere, and the assistant manager was hassling the guy. He started getting LOUD right at the front door. When customers starting leaving, he got his return completed and was wished well. Do it when they are busy though, and do it only as a last resort.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:07 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tomlescal
1st off bought LCD temp dipstick from dealer and installed it myself.it doesn't work right and they say cuz i installed it they can't do anything about it.How could you install that wrong?makes me wonder how much they would of charged to install.How much for 2 seconds of shop time.Don't Buy **** from Shreffler's Harley in Manteno,Illinois.

Tom
they've been having problems with that LCD dipstick for ages. The unit isn't sealed or something like that so moisture can get into it and then the screen goes blank. I heard they weren't even making it anymore.

anyway...the stealer here changed my buddy's one under warranty...and they bloody should have it didn't last 2 months.

Quick Reply: where to complain about dealer to Harley?