General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek leather smells awful

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've imported quite a few bits from FC, they've always come up trumps and are still worth it even after the customs charges

Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
BWAHAHAHA!

I just bought a leather jacket from leatherup and it's excellent. Paid $100. Yeah, it's made in pakistan but that's better than china (I guess).
Yeah,nuthin' like giving money to terrorists...........................

Old 04-30-2010, 03:46 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw0013
Since you're shopping around for a new jacket again try this site 800branded.com. It's a place in NY called branded leather. Jacket are heavy duty leather and made in the US. Page 4 of their catalog # 757 is a police mc jacket it's expensive but real nice quality. My first one got too small and recently ordered another.
I live about 5 miles from them. I just had a an nypd short highway jacket made. It's just like the nypd issue without the patches or the gun loops. I'd rate it a 7.5 out of ten.It looks feels like naked leather,they call it deer cow.$325,tax included.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a FC jacket and a pair of chaps. I think they are great products. I'm buying a vest this summer. It will be Fox Creek. Unfortunate for the OP to have the dissatisfied experience, but I consider it a fluke.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:40 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I've got a River Road Hoodlum leather that I'm happy with. Bought it at a local shop. The zipper broke after a year, I contacted them, sent it back, and they sent me a brand new jacket in the same size, no questions asked.

http://www.riverroadgear.com/rrweb4.nsf/home?openform

Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone really want to know what the armpits smell like?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynbob
Yeah,nuthin' like giving money to terrorists...........................
Terrorists or communists, that's a helluva choice.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,090 Likes on 22,578 Posts

Just send the coat back to them and have them call you once they get it and begin to inspect it, and ask them if it is supposed to smell as it does and go from there...

Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Bligh
I own a FC jacket and a pair of chaps. I think they are great products. I'm buying a vest this summer. It will be Fox Creek. Unfortunate for the OP to have the dissatisfied experience, but I consider it a fluke.
Since I had a total of 4 Fox Creek jackets pass through my hands and 3 out of 4 were perfect, I would also consider this a fluke. But unfortunately having gone through this experience I couldn't risk the chance of having another jacket made. I am satisfied with getting a full refund and have vowed to only buy a jacket that I can get in person - no mail orders.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Fox Creek has had my jacket for 2 days now and finally my wife and I decided to call down there since we had not heard from them yet. Spoke with the manager on duty who told me that she cannot smell the odor so there is nothing they can do. I explained to her that I was very upset with Fox Creek's lack of quality control, to include the stain and hole in the underneath of the collar. She said they never think to look under a collar for defects, but that if I didn't like the collar it could be replaced (the collar only).

When the jacket was originally sent back, my wife asked the manager to take the jacket either outside or to another building so that she would not be surrounded with other leather jackets and be picking up their scent, but to be alone with the jacket so they could smell the odor. Manager told me today that they didn't do that, but were in the stock room where they keep all the other jackets. Told her to put the jacket on and send 5-10 minutes wearing it, that the smell becomes overpowering and will make her sick, she said they just took it out of the box, smelled it and then basically put it back.

I am so upset with Fox Creek right now that I really don't even know what to do. I tried to explain to her that spending $500 on a jacket is not something that I take lightly. My other jacket is a $150 FMC, that is too tight now, but has held up great. FC is suppose to call me later this afternoon to tell me their final decision of whether or not they're going to do anything about the jacket. First this pisses me off because they cannot just resolve the problem now, they have already had the jacket for 2 days, I feel like I am being brushed off. Secondly, as of right now they say that there is nothing they can do. I don't even want the jacket back. It literally made my stomach turn it smelled so overpoweringly bad. Looks like I would have been better off taking my $500 and literally flushing it down the toilet. Fox Creek has forever lost me as a customer! I understand that my jacket may be a fluke as many people are very happy with their FC jackets, but I am not with mine and a company should stand behind their product to ensure customer satisfaction.

Think I may contact a lawyer.
If you paid with your credit card you should be able to receive a full refund. Just call your CC compnay and file a dispute.