General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Worst Potholes

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
I forget who it was here that posted about marking a pot hole on their ride route with some upside down (road) paint, but after our bad rains and floods I carried a can around and marked several of the holes that I found, I guess it really got under the road crews skin cause they fixed everyone that I marked, but left some close to them that were not marked.
Kudos to you sir! Thank you for helping everyone out.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:37 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't feel lonesome! You are by no means alone,every year our roads are getting worse and worse.Some to the point of running in first gear just to try and save the suspension.Good job our elected officials,one hell of a legacy.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM
BugDr
Road Master

You gotta love the People's Republic of Eugene, we have more potholes this year than ever before. Everyone is complaining, answer: build a multimillion dollar over pass for bicyclists.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah, coming off a real bad winter like we had these things will get worse as we move towards summer. I will say Missouri tries to keep up with them but it does take a while.

Keep your eyes open!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Until recently I spent most of my riding in Chicago. I wasn't even able to run a 21 inch wheel the potholes were so bad. Guys in our club were replacing the 21's so often it was stupid. One of the first things I was able to do when I moved to Virginia was put a 21 back on the bike. Va roads are bad, but a 21 in Chicago was a waste of good money.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 04-23-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

Down here there are signs that say "Caution substandard roadway ahead". Some of them would be fun on a dirt bike though! lol

Old 04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe the State of Maine could put the potholes on welfare. Then we would see some repairs.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by first dyna 07
I was riding today on the back roads ,and these potholes that I was seeing could KILL someone . WOW the is going to be crazy in a couple of weeks . When more riders start coming out , How is your state dealing with the potholes this year with economic times to fix the roads .
The state of Vermont robbed the education fund for many years in an attempt, poor one at that, to patch the roads temporarily. And frankly a 5 year old could have made better repairs with a little plastic shovel. Now our taxes are going up yet again to pay for a shool system and transportation system thats broke. Our dirt gravel roads are smoother at their worst than our paved roads.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

The problem her is that every once in a while I run across a freshly paved smooth road.......I don't know how to ride on that....

Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
I forget who it was here that posted about marking a pot hole on their ride route with some upside down (road) paint, but after our bad rains and floods I carried a can around and marked several of the holes that I found, I guess it really got under the road crews skin cause they fixed everyone that I marked, but left some close to them that were not marked.
No they thought those were marked by a road crew supervisor and if they didn't fix them they would be in hot water with the boss. Keep marking them and those morons wil keep fixing them. I am going to do that this weekend by my house.

Quick Reply: The Worst Potholes