Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD - Million mile monday

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Gave them about 450 miles for it last year. The total was about 4.3 million miles. Still not too bad for a work weekday.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last years official total was 4,324,240 as that's what my 2010 MMM pin says

Old 04-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
What about benefiting from getting a nice ride in? Any excuse to get out riding works for me!
I get many nice rides anyway. My point is that they should at least contribute some money to a charity or something based on the total miles. They declare this "special event" as if it is something special for others. Instead it will just make the moco more money without others realizing it. They are the marketing geniuses!

Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,641 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Arrow a slight hijack

Monday June 20th, 2011 is (International) "Ride to Work Day". I always hang signs up at werk to remind people, whatever they ride. Check out their website for more info. www.RidetoWork.org

Old 04-28-2011, 11:15 AM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
This is just another ploy to get people to run miles up on their bikes so HD can make more money selling more service, tires, and new bikes. Some chapters organize long rides for this day to get the recorded miles higher. I'm not aware of anyone benefiting from this other than the moco.
Or, they are just building excitement to get people out and ride with no hidden agenda's, not everything is a conspiracy

Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

I get many nice rides anyway. My point is that they should at least contribute some money to a charity or something based on the total miles. They declare this "special event" as if it is something special for others. Instead it will just make the moco more money without others realizing it. They are the marketing geniuses!
It's not like they're charging you to ride. It's not a charity event to raise money.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rosspulliam
The article said it's for HOG members and you can only log miles by logging into the "exclusive" HOG members only web site.
Bummer, my miles won't count.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nferr
It's not like they're charging you to ride. It's not a charity event to raise money.
I KNOW!

But you guys don't seem to see through this. I can see the moco execs sitting around a big table in Moco land and thinking about ways to make more money. Then one of the execs speaks up and says, "Hey, lets get everyone to ride the hell out of their bikes on one day and we will call it Million Mile Monday. In the big picture, we will sell more service, tires, and heck, it will even result in more bike sales in the long run." And what is the moco contributing to this event? Nothing! We spend our money on $4 gas and the moco doesn't contribute anything? This is a great opportunity for the moco to give to a good cause by pledging an amount of money for each mile we ride that day, instead of promoting an event for their own gain and interests.

Last edited by Ozoneman; 04-28-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

It promotes riding. What's wrong with that?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 160 Posts
Talking

I KNOW!

But you guys don't seem to see through this. I can see the moco execs sitting around a big table in Moco land and thinking about ways to make more money. Then one of the execs speaks up and says, "Hey, lets get everyone to ride the hell out of their bikes on one day and we will call it Million Mile Monday. In the big picture, we will sell more service, tires, and heck, it will even result in more bike sales in the long run." And what is the moco contributing to this event? Nothing! We spend our money on $4 gas and the moco doesn't contribute anything? This is a great opportunity for the moco to give to a good cause by pledging an amount of money for each mile we ride that day, instead of promoting an event for their own gain and interests.
Their secret plan must be working the got you to buy a bike, now if you would only ride it instead of polishing it, they could make some big bucks.,,,

Quick Reply: HD - Million mile monday