General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearended

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

She had no driving card.
She had no insurance.
She was driving a POS car that is not worth attaching a lean on.

Illegal alien?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Chuck Guitar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope there's not much damage. Your OK, thats really all that matters. My brother got rearended two years ago and is just finishing up w/the insurance. He was hit from behind while slowing for a light. A slight shoulder injury, some to the bike. He took his time w/the insurance co, wouldn't sign off on anything until it was worked out. Made sure the bike was premo. Local dealer did a great job.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldhippie
She had no driving card.

Illegal alien?
No...not unless the Ohio/Kentucky border is a foreign land.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really sorry to hear this. People just don't pay attention anymore.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Throttle Jock
Intermediate

Sorry about your misfortune, that sucks. Same thing happened to me 3 years ago and same deal. The ***** had a license but of course no insurance, and it cost me 500 out of my pocket for my deductible which I still haven't seen and most likely never will. Insurance company went after the guy but you can't get blood out of a turnip as they say.

On the bright side the dealer I had the bike towed to did an outstanding job on the damages (8500 bills!) and it looked and rode showroom new when they were done. Hopefully yours will do the same. Good luck to you.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

a big "OUCH" MikeD. sorry to hear about that one. i've been concerned with the same thing, as i cannot imagine what the costs would be with repairing the damage to fender, bags, and whatever else got damaged. i bought the b.a.l. to hopefully prevent people from coming near my bike from the rear. it seems to be helping a lot though. i hope you get her all fixed and back to riding soon though. it's a good thing that you didn't get hurt, that's always a bonus for you. hoping it wasn't hard enough hit to damage the frame. that's gotta suck dude, i feel for ya. keep us posted as to the amount of damage/estimate, etc please.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are starting to change the laws here in Oklahoma, this state is one of the worst with uniensured motorists.
Glad to here you are OK and the bike can be fixed, but I understand that it is just a pisser..............

Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeDCop
Great! Got rearended today while in line to pay my powerbill. I was on my Ultra that has 750 miles.
  1. She had no driving card.
  2. She had no insurance.
  3. She was driving a POS car that is not worth attaching a lean on.
Now, thanks to Alabama's wonderful laws, she has two tickets. And she got to drive her car home.

Now I get to see how good Mt. Cheaha H-D is at fixing the bikes they sell. I'll trailer it up there Friday.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Mike

Glad your fine, the bike can be repaired or replaced..As far as the girl, some people are just plain as poor, and the majority of them choose to be that way, its much easier to stay poor and leach off the rest of us than to actually get a job. She is Exactly where our Guberment wants her.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Well glad you weren't hurt. Get the bike fixed and enjoy riding in when you retire..........

Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The big this is you are ok.

I do know how you feel. I was hit a few years ago by a drunk driver. No driver's license, no insurance, no english. Starting this summer drivers will be required to have insurance in WI.

Quick Reply: Rearended