General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizona Bike Week - Boom or Bust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by meepers
Exactly, I think if they did Mill ave, back like it used to be before Tempe decided they didnt want to be a party town, close down the road, lots of great food places, bars, clubs, plenty of places for vendors to setup. Instead they act like its some sort of imposition. I mean hell, even RENO is better then Phoenix. But Daytona hands down was the craziest bike week I have ever attended. WOW.
The most fun I had was Bike Week in 2002 and 2003. I think it was still at WestWorld then even (think it was only $10 to get in), but the best time was the weekend before. The party at Hacienda was pretty crazy for the kickoff (back before they charged admission to that as well!), and then Saturday they would close off 3rd St in downtown Phoenix for bikes only, and you could wander all the bars (Jacksons, Alice Cooperstown, a few others). They stopped that too though.

I missed it completely this year (moved to Vegas). I'm planning on going to Laughlin this weekend though, looking forward to that!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Clutch_Roughnecks
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my first to AZ bike week. We rode from Ca to Vegas then AZ. The best part of the entire trip was the ride. Otherwise AZ Bike Week was no different than any other event except you had to pay just to look at what goods the few vendors had to sell. The concert Saturday night was good too. If I had to choose between AZ Bike Week and Laughlin I would take Laughlin any day...although Laughlin is a little prices unless you are camping.