General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone really like riding 2 up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:52 AM
soundman
Road Captain

I like my girl on my bike with me. I don't even feel it when she gets on. Plus, she likes it when I pop wheelies and cut up some. She loves to ride and we make many good memories on the bike.

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:52 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I love having the wife along, but she rides her own scoot. We are a club-of-two!

However we have a baby come back to roost for a year, maybe two and guess what, she likes to ride so I am back to two-up for awhile. Been riding solo for 5 years now and just getting used to it again. Put on 500 miles Saturday and that didn't faze the duaghter much so at least she's a trooper!

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:53 AM
jaqmes
Cruiser

I'm not married, so it depends on what the seatcover looks like.

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:55 AM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Solo is fine but I lhave no problem with the wife riding. She is so light you don't know she is on. We have a great time!

Old 04-19-2010 | 06:56 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

I would rather ride solo.

The extra weight of the wife, which usually shifts in the wrong direction at the wrong time, is stressfull and I worry about her getting hurt if we get in a wreck. I like the blow-up doll option listed above but I find that they tend to get a little boring when the conversation gets too intellectual.

I do enjoy the back massages and the extra comfy back support from the wife. Obviously, I love to have her with me also.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:00 AM
teedubya
Road Master

Love having my wife with me. Riding along looking over the countryside, and when she reaches up and runs her hands across my shoulders or down my sides it gives off a comforting feeling that only those of us who are close to our ladies can express. That being said I don't mind taking off by myself but I also think quite often when solo how nice it would be to have my wife with me.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:09 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

My SO is new to the cruising bike business. I like having her with me, but she's still a little nervous about being a passenger. So, I try and be extra cautious and smooth with her on the bike. That means, of course, I'm concentrating harder, so it's a good thing she does ride with me. I just like being with her doing anything, so I'm glad she's trying to learn to enjoy the bike.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:51 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

If I didn't have my wife with me, I'd probably always be ridin' alone, as it's such a PIA to configure with other's where and when to meet to go for a ride, together and really even then you are still ridin' alone.

Old 04-19-2010 | 08:05 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

I like it. Fortnate my wife use to ride so she knows how to be great passenger twistees, superslab and a extra set of eys in heavy traffic.

Plus she helps clean the bike. What can I say I like her.

Old 04-19-2010 | 08:08 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior

Two-ups the only way for me. I've been riding most of my life but the best started when we got the Ultra and my wife joined me. 8 years and 80K later I can honestly say these have been the best years of our marriage. We will be celebrating 40 years togather April 24.

Quick Reply: Does anyone really like riding 2 up?