General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone really like riding 2 up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010 | 09:36 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Back in my younger dirt biken days I always liked to take the girls for a ride on the MX bike. They'd have no choice but to hold on tight around my waist, I'd just pull on the front brake once or twice and get them nice and close so I could feel their boobies on my back then proceed to scare the crap out of her. Usually had good success with my antics. haha.

Old 04-19-2010 | 11:11 PM
stef
Cruiser

Originally Posted by teedubya
Love having my wife with me. Riding along looking over the countryside, and when she reaches up and runs her hands across my shoulders or down my sides it gives off a comforting feeling that only those of us who are close to our ladies can express. That being said I don't mind taking off by myself but I also think quite often when solo how nice it would be to have my wife with me.

Agree. -stef

Old 04-20-2010 | 01:58 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer

Solo...

It's more enjoyable and the bike looks sexier set up for one. However, I make exceptions for attractive women. I'll suffer through a two-up experience if she's cute enough.

Old 04-20-2010 | 03:09 AM
joewg3
Tourer

I love riding 2-up with my little buddy - my 8 year old son. He'll have his helmet in hand and suited up waiting at the door when I get home from work. He even waves to other riders now.

Can't ride with the wife now because well... she's 8 1/2 months pregnant - again. This will be kid #4 so I've got a few riding buddies for 2-up!

Old 04-20-2010 | 06:49 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master

I have ridden the bike 2 up for so long that solo seems weird! Even back in our courting days(a looooooooooonnnnng time ago) I had a little scooter and we rode 2 up. Its a way of life for us.

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:40 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

I taught my wife to be an excellent passenger when we first met. Now she rides her own. I like riding solo, but there a lot of times I miss having her on the bike with me. I miss sharing things that occur during the course of a ride with her.

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:55 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

My wife is my best friend and I like the time we spend just shooting the bull when we ride. That being said I do feel less strain when she isn't back there to worry about, but I'll deal with that to have her with me.

Old 04-20-2010 | 08:53 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

I ride with my SO 99% of the time and I enjoy it. She knows what to do and what not to do as a passenger, she's slim and light and she doesn't scuff the lids of the saddlebags when he gets on and off the bike. <wink>
Oh and she buys stuff for the bike too. I love her.

Old 04-20-2010 | 08:59 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

Originally Posted by joewg3
Can't ride with the wife now because well... she's 8 1/2 months pregnant - again.
Strange as it may sound, medical science HAS found the cause for this condition.

'Sleep' less and ride more!!!

J/K Congrats on the forthcoming 'next' back seater.

Old 04-20-2010 | 09:16 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by santajim

My wife is my best friend and I like the time we spend just shooting the bull when we ride. That being said I do feel less strain when she isn't back there to worry about, but I'll deal with that to have her with me.
I couldn't have said it better. Easier to ride solo, more enjoyable with my best friend on the back.

Quick Reply: Does anyone really like riding 2 up?