General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

others input on jackets

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:58 PM
gus4440
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

I have an Aerostich Darien and Darien Light. They make 4 liners for it. But I just use my Gerbings liner for them or a cheap fleece jacket. Made in the USA and have great support. They will refurbish it and repair crash damage if needed. Also they will custom fit it if you want.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the tourmaster Metro from the Motorcycle Superstore, nice prices.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...t-p-299_3.html

Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

I have a Tourmaster Transition jacket. Best jacket I've ever owned. I've been using it about 5 years now. I wear it almost year round, I take out the liner for summer. Use the liner in spring and fall and just add a heated jacket liner for winter. It's waterproof and has a lot of handy pockets for different things. It took me a few tries to get a textile jacket I really liked. The first two (Joe Rocket and some cheap crap swapmeet one) felt like they had strips of sandpaper in them. The seams and other inside fabric drove me crazy. The Joe Rocket was the worst most uncomfortable jacket I had ever worn. The Tourmaster is so nice it feels like your wrapped in a sleeping bag. I recently found out the Tourmaster has a nice zippered compartment at the end of the left sleeve. Perfect for slipping my EZ Pass in.

Last edited by BikerV; 04-18-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:21 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by purestockracer
just wondering about other riders opinions on textile jackets, NOT WORRIED ABOUT PRICE ISSUES, OR WHERE TO BUY !! I've narrowed it down to FIRSTGEAR (RAINIER) & TOURMASTER ( TRANSITION 2), would like to hear your pros & cons about these or other brands. what is good & what is junk. I'll always prefer leather (already got a good jacket ), but i'm looking to try something different . thanks
Check out Harley's own FXRG. I have the two leather versions and they really are a superior piece of cowhide. I would assume the textile is comparably good.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
yk.hd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Tour Master Transition 2 jacket and love it. It's excellent weight for bombing around in cooler weather and on longer trips. You won't be disappointed.

I'm actually wearing it in my pic... ^

Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I'm currently wearing a Joe Rocket 3/4 length jacket from Newenough.com. That website is excellent, great reviews and pictures of everything they sell.

What I really like about textile is how versatile it is. Pretty cool in the heat, warm in the cold, waterproof in the rain. My new Joe Rocket jacket has a really sweet interior pocket that holds a helmet windscreen around your ribcage. I love it, use it every day. I have a dark tinted shield but never used it because I never could find a good way to carry both and I would hate to be caught out after dark with only my dark shield. This pocket solved that problem for me. Love it, and am planning on ordering the pants to match.

I have a pair of Harley textile pants (my only article of HD riding gear) and they say they are waterproof. Well, the are, in every place except right in the crotch. Well, no idea who came up with that great idea, but let me tell you, that's a crappy place to skimp on the waterproofing. Gonna stick with other textile brands from now on.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:48 PM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

Olympia Motosports makes some great textile jackets, as well

Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I have only had leather so far but have been researching and like Tourmaster as well as BMG. Check out britishmotorcyclegear.com.