General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasted pickup truck driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Humanoid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasted pickup truck driver

Let me share what happened this weekend.

I am lucky I am alive...I wasnt drinking but the guy in the blue truck was.

Me and my Metric friend were riding pretty tight in formation and the defendant pulled right between us and broke us up. I saw this in my rear mirror but didnt think anything of it other than the guy was an *******. My buddy suddenly breaks out from behind me and hauls all past me. Im kinda slow but it never clicked. Next this guy passes me partially on the shoulder and partially in my lane. I see him weaving big time. The next light turns red and I want to park my bike and open his door and punch him in the pace but a clear number 1 with my hand calms me down. Next I see his head hitting his steering wheel and then picking it back up cause he is passing out. The light turns green and he is passed out. Finally after the cyle is almost over he nails it and takes off. Next I see my metric friend at the sonic on the right side of the road. We discuss the situation and I say I got the MF's plate number I want to dial 911. He reminds me that it would waste the time we had riding so I reluctantly agree.

We leave from Sonic going the same direction and what to we see after the next light? You got it....He rammed a suburan from the back. His truck was pretty fubard. No one was hurt since they were all standing there talking. My buddy was leading and didnt stop so I followed him. We rode for about 15 mins and then parted ways. On my way home I pass by the wreck site and see the cops there and it looks like they are only writing this dip **** a ticket.

Before I continue I am not a member of MADD...as a metter of fact I have a few or a few more beers at the local ice house once in a while...But this guy was out of his mind FREAKIN WASTED and could have killed me.

I made a U turn and pulled up behind the wreck about 40 yards away. Then I went tell the cop everything that went down and that if that suburban would have been me I might have been dead. He was in the cop car before I left. I may have to testify but I think I did the right thing cause hey man...we only have one life and this guy doesnt give a ****.

Sorry so long. Be careful.

Once thing I learned is that watch the behavior of your fellow riders because they may notice a dangerous situation and give you a clue to react. It did not click this time but it will next time.

Peace

Old 06-06-2005, 12:25 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Wasted pickup truck driver

You're right he could have killed someone or caused you to have been seriously injured. You did the right thing, I would have called 911, right then, if I had the tag number on someone that's that bad. He needed to be removed from the highway asap, but if you had called he would have still hit the other auto.

John TN

Old 06-06-2005, 12:46 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're safe and that the guy is off the street. I think that you should have called 911 also although it wouldn't have done any good by the time he hit someone. He looked drunk, acted drunk, but also could have been having a heart attack, stroke, seizure or God knows what. Calling 911 isn't ratting on someone, in a situation like this, it's saving lives.
Guess that I really am getting old! Art

Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You did right, Thanks

Old 06-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Anniesage
Road Master

sooooo glad you are o.k. Someone driving that wasted - I personally would have called 911 - because if it wasn't me, it would be someone else.

Just an fyi - don't know about other states/cities - but here in our part of the world, there is a law that allows people can call in 911 for real or imaginary road slights and rages - if you visually express yourself - call 911; if you are heard using abusive language - someone can call 911; if you are driving 'recklessly' - someone will call 911. So, for someone who is legally drunk - for sure, call 911!!

Old 06-06-2005, 02:45 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

You did the right thing in telling the police what you knew. We, as bikers, don't need that kind of person giving us problems. If I thought that I could get him off the roads, I would do it. Good job

Old 06-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Greywolf
Cruiser

Yep, ya did the right thing, we don't need people out there who are to drunk to drive endangering everyone.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

If he's wasted, he's a loaded gun in the wrong hands. No one would stand for that, but some idiots will still not turn in a drunk, or someone who is high? I used to drink and drive all the time, but that was then, this is now. It used to be almost acceptable, I can't believe that.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, you did the correct deed even if you have to spend a day in court to really nail the b@$tard.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

ORIGINAL: AceArt

He looked drunk, acted drunk, but also could have been having a heart attack, stroke, seizure or God knows what. Calling 911 isn't ratting on someone, in a situation like this, it's saving lives.
I never even thought about that! Good point.