General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC/RC advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:36 AM
fireman36
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MC/RC advice

Hello I have been kicking the idea around for prolly a year or so now and finally decided to go for it. I came up with a name that no one has, I did my research, and spoke with the proper people (I think :/)

The name is Thunder Roads; it’s a three piece patch but does not have any state or territory and no MC cube. The top rocker says THUNDER bottom rocker says ROADS with a Skull in the center the colors are black and silver.

The problem I’m having is people say “I wanna join I wanna join”, but when it comes down to it they are all talk, i try to set up meetings to go over everything and its me and maybe one or two people. I mean there are a few clubs in my area that would fit me but the only thing is I want a club that I can be in with my friends, and needless to say some of them don’t “FIT” the requirements to join. So what do you guys have to offer to help get people interested, or any advice in helping me get this club up and running.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:53 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well IMO, the whole "MC" thing is a bunch of nonsense. Do you really want to emulate a bunch of thugs who give lip service to respect, but whose actions are really about fear and intimidation? Do you really want to kiss the butts of the OMGs just so you can wear your "colors"?

THAT BEING SAID, your choice of "colors" may upset one of the OMGs, specifically the Outlaws. A black and silver three piece patch with a skull in the center, may be too close to their black and white three piece patch with a skull in the center.

IMO, just go ride with some friends and skip the "club" BS.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Make sure you do a complete search for the name, and go to the dominant club in your area to get things set in order as you should. Shouldnt be a problem, but you need to cover your ***. Not saying that anyone would really give a ****, but you never know. In my area, as long as the Outlaws/Angels (believe it or not I have seen these guys partying together and getting along just fine) are aware of your presence, and understand what you are trying to accomplish by forming a club, you are good to go.

Sucks to have to get permission from anyone for anything in our "free" country, but covering your *** is pretty important to some of those guys. Its all about the ride man, just keep that in mind. As far as those "I wanna join" dipshits, you need to do as the big boys do, and put them through a prospect period. It sorta weeds out the weekend warriors that wanna be part of a big bad biker gang. You dont need to have a bunch of "scared of getting my *** kicked" ****** hanging around you anyhow. Its a brotherhood. I am starting to ramble, so just CYA man, CYA.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by NR4TW
Well IMO, the whole "MC" thing is a bunch of nonsense. Do you really want to emulate a bunch of thugs who give lip service to respect, but whose actions are really about fear and intimidation? Do you really want to kiss the butts of the OMGs just so you can wear your "colors"?

THAT BEING SAID, your choice of "colors" may upset one of the OMGs, specifically the Outlaws. A black and silver three piece patch with a skull in the center, may be too close to their black and white three piece patch with a skull in the center.

IMO, just go ride with some friends and skip the "club" BS.
Long as it doesnt resemble "Charlie" you aint got no problems.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

No pistons!!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

LOL!
Dang message to short! Fuggin board settins!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:27 AM
fireman36
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahah COOL, no it doesnt resemble "Charlie" and NR4TW the outlaws are the dominate club in the area i live and they ok'd the setup they were the ones that told me to do black and silver i was going to do black and red but they said do it this way so thats what i did lol.... I just dont really know how to get the word out that we r looking for members.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Well then by God you have the go ahead! Put on the colors, and listen up for new cats man! You dont need to have more than a few folks in the fold to start something anyhow. The rest just follow suit. Takes a lot of time to get your entourage built up. Good luck and safe riding man, have a beer and rejoice.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont think things are taken nearly as seriously as they was in the past..if you got the OK from the Outlaws and they are the dominant club in your area, run with it. of course they want you to use thier colors, they may want you to be a support club someday and recruit from your members

Last edited by Jeff W; 04-17-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:53 AM
NR4TW
Tourer

TANGENT TO THIS TOPIC:

Why is it so many people discussing this topic don't seem to understand the difference between the word "dominate", a verb, and the word "dominant", an adjective?

Quick Reply: MC/RC advice