General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC/RC advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fireman36
. . . the outlaws are the dominate club in the area i live and they ok'd the setup they were the ones that told me to do black and silver i was going to do black and red but they said do it this way so thats what i did . . .
So you have to do it THEIR way, rather than the black and red YOU wanted? Are they also making you wear "support" stuff too?

(see my earlier post about "kissing butts")

Old 04-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Cause we are rednecks that dont know the correct spelling, and are to busy getting drunk to pay attention lol!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 AM
fireman36
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NR4TW
So you have to do it THEIR way, rather than the black and red YOU wanted? Are they also making you wear "support" stuff too?

(see my earlier post about "kissing butts")

No they arent making us wear any "support" stuff cuz the few guys i spoke with know what i do for a living and know i can not get tied up in the "support" part of it all..... Also the only reason they had me switch it from black and red to black and silver is so we wouldnt have any problems with "other" clubs

Old 04-17-2010, 02:49 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I for one think its a ding dong dandy idea!! I think you should go all out full speed ahead spare no costs on this deal. In fact if I were you I would dedicate my entire life to the club. I would be honored to start up the local chapter here in my town. THUNDER ROAD FOREVER FOREVER THUNDER ROAD {with the skull inna middle} WooHoo!!

o.k. I think I'm done now.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:56 AM
fireman36
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TX, i don't know if its cuz im tired or what but this is honestly the first time i can not tell if someone is being sarcastic or serious......lol

Old 04-17-2010, 03:05 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sarcastic, I have a feeling the OP is too.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by fireman36

The problem I’m having is people say “I wanna join I wanna join”, but when it comes down to it they are all talk, i try to set up meetings to go over everything and its me and maybe one or two people.
I mean there are a few clubs in my area that would fit me but the only thing is I want a club that I can be in with my friends, and needless to say some of them don’t “FIT” the requirements to join.
The world is full of people that join clubs, but it's not as full of people that join and become active members.

If you want to have an "exclusive" club.... the numbers should be small.... being exclusive, ain't for everybody.

You need to decide, which is important....
a) the friends that don't "fit the (club's) requirement"
b) the club

it's your club.... it's your call

Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jus' an "FYI". Last weekend, at least 3 'small' MCs and RCs got their 'colors' "pulled" by the domiNANT ( I KEN SPELL !!!!) club. EVEN tho ALL were originally "okayed" by D.C. and COC.

2 had it coming, disrespectful of others(in general, NOT just MCs), the 3rd, I didn't know anything about.

One of them was "akst" previously to STOP flying, but they decided to say "F U". Did NOT turn out too well. The DC REMOVED the patches for them. Was not there, BUT I ride with different MCs, and they were there.

As for HOW to git peeps interested, maybe offer 6 months NO DUES, Dancing Gurlz, FREE beer, 0% Financing, maybe EVEN , many options.
BUT then on the other hand, maybe yur tryin' to sell freezrz to Eskimoes, there.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

As the great philosopher Groucho Marx once said "I don't want to be part of any club that would have me as a member."

Quick Reply: MC/RC advice