General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW These boots are comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a pair of Harley Sidestreet boots at Bootbiz.com for 89.00 and love them So comfortable can walk around rallies without a problem. Wearing great. Bootbiz has all name brands and cheapest prices I could find at the time.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hell i wear keds tennis shoes and they work great on sale for 19.98

Old 09-24-2010, 06:55 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JWitz
I bought my Harley boots online from The Working Persons Store....they are great...comfortable and never slip when I have one foot down.....I can wear them all day long.....better pricing than the dealer too...

http://workingperson.com/products/22...cle_Boots.html
Ahhhh--plenty of CHOICE! One of the many things I miss about the good ole US of A!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up a pair of the Riddicks today.....no literally, picked them up and set them down on the shelf.

Good looking boot, was thinking of trying them on. Now I guess I have too.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May have to check them out. I've never put a boot on and said "wow, that feels great." At least not right away.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it sort of goes without saying that shoes are a highly individual and personal choice. Feet are different, people are different, etc. So what one person finds comfortable will make another miserable.

That said, there are very few "shoe companies" that make shoes in the USA any more. Even old standards like RedWing are made in China now. Call me crazy, but I just prefer shoes made in the USA, if I have the choice.

And I do have the choice. Chippewas are sold at a nearby store. So I buy local and I buy American. I happen to like the Rally style and find them comfortable generally.

I'll also say that $155 for a pair of good boots is nothing to complain about. A good pair of boots should practically last a lifetime, with occasional re-soling. Good labor is not cheap. If you're ok with Chinese sweat shop products, fine. It's a personal choice.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by PowerFactor
May have to check them out. I've never put a boot on and said "wow, that feels great." At least not right away.
MC boots aside, obviously you've never had on/tried a good pair o' western's...........

Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have some HD engineer style boots that I hate, and have tried lots of other brands too. When I put the riddicks on, I knew in 30 seconds they were worth it. like I said...wear daily, have for about 9-10 months now, and they are still like new, and broke in easy. Side zipper is a great thing.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
11FatBob
Intermediate

Will have to try the Riddicks. Been wearing a pair of my old Rocky Duty boots, lave up but completely comfortable.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 PM
rmarino14
Tourer

I have a pair of the HD Dipstick boots. They are not the most comfortable boot but look good. I have been using my Doc Martens instead. They are very comfortable, don't slip, and have lasted me 3 years now. They are like wearing sneakers the only problem they aren't water proof.

http://www.dmusastore.com/p-923-8699-bex-sole.aspx

Quick Reply: WOW These boots are comfortable